3rd Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But, but, but.....

In the Patchkovsky Amendment (revised edition 2006), it clearly states in the introductory preamble (p. xi, para.1.21) that simultaneous moves to non-contiguous travel zones are not allowed and in fact, are highly dangerous (something to do with non-linear time-warp dismogrification, I think - perhaps the sky will fall in).

Ah Steve, Steve, Steve - an easy mistake to make. You're forgetting the J.R. Hartley addendum of 2007 - A.K.A. the "Big slap in the face with a wet fish addendum" - that establishes the principle that non-contiguous zonal multi-dimensional moves can be permitted if undertaken using the short cut of a transformation through a M-brane threshold whilst repeatedly beating yourself with a fresh water fish that you caught yourself.

Good point about the sky though so I'm off to Westminster - handy for the Cabinet War Rooms underground bunker.

Oh sod it, that's what comes of buying cheap rule books on eBay. You're right. I've just looked it up in my neighbour's copy.

But just out of interest, doesn't the smell get you down after a while? Though on second thoughts, at least you are fairly sure of getting a seat.

Gentlemen, this is all very interesting....And, so, now I must bring the "pond jump"into play...as I belive, the rules reguarding this gambit have changed.

I play

Park Street Station, where you can "Change for the Green Line" and, perhaps "hand Charlie a sandwich."

Blimey - you lot are posting faster than I can type (i.e. not very fast)

Oh sod it, that's what comes of buying cheap rule books on eBay. You're right. I've just looked it up in my neighbour's copy.

But just out of interest, doesn't the smell get you down after a while?

Yes you can journey through time & space like a real life Dr. Who - except you won't have the glamorous companions because you stink :(

South Kensington

Sneaky! But fortunately I have pre-checked with Transport for London and hence I'm aware that the Replacement Bus Service :ph34r: is running from here to Piccadily Circus - near which is the Royal Society where a certain Mr. Wheatstone on November 26, 1840 exhibited his electro-magnetic clock in the library (according to wiki)

Edited by Woody

I'm going to save Ruislip Gardens for later. Terminal 4 - Ha!! get out of that then :lol:

Easy-peasy :D

South Kensington

Piccadily Circus - near which is the Royal Society where a certain Mr. Wheatstone on November 26, 1840 exhibited his electro-magnetic clock in the library (according to wiki)

Oh Lord, now you've torn it. You've set up an infinite regression and all I can play is Terminal 4

Chris

Chris

Chris

Piccadily Circus - near which is the Royal Society where a certain Mr. Wheatstone on November 26, 1840 exhibited his electro-magnetic clock in the library (according to wiki)

Oh Lord, now you've torn it. You've set up an infinite regression and all I can play is Terminal 4

Chris

Chris

Chris

PS once again (particularly for Chas, who obviously can't keep track of the thing from one move to the next :) ) here is the map. Use it wisely; it is your guide and friend in all things.

PPS is has just occurred to me that the map looks somewhat, ah, noodly, don't you think?

Interestingly, The New Yorker magazine, who's "avatar" is Eustace Tilley:

post-65-1202485612.jpg

recently invited readers to update the image. This one appears in the current issue:

post-65-1202485712_thumb.jpg

I play

Park Street Station, where you can "Change for the Green Line" and, perhaps "hand Charlie a sandwich."

I thought the proper place to stand while handing Charlie a sandwich was Scollay Square Station (change for the blue line). To get there you really have to have an in with the time warp folks. Not only do you have to go back 40+ years, but you have to get there at quarter past two, when Charlie's train comes rumblin' through.

What you need is one of Woody's freshwater fish ;)

Sorry - I'm busy using it. I'll post it to Chris once the game's over. Anybody got an Asprin?

... the Royal Society where a certain Mr. Wheatstone on November 26, 1840 exhibited his electro-magnetic clock in the library (according to wiki)

As a native of Caithness, I have to point out that the first electric clock was invented by a Caithness inventor, Alexander Bain and patented in October 1840.

Bain claimed that Wheatstone had taken some of his inventions and passed them off as his own.

But since Bain made no attempt to work on concertinas, I'll continue to play a Wheatstone.

I thought the proper place to stand while handing Charlie a sandwich was Scollay Square Station (change for the blue line). To get there you really have to have an in with the time warp folks. Not only do you have to go back 40+ years, but you have to get there at quarter past two, when Charlie's train comes rumblin' through.

Why yes David, you are right on all accounts regarding Scollay Square Station, But I figured one more ambiguous twist from this side of the pond would matter little to the eventual outcome of the game, assuming there really is a Mornington Crescent Station.

r

... the Royal Society where a certain Mr. Wheatstone on November 26, 1840 exhibited his electro-magnetic clock in the library (according to wiki)

As a native of Caithness, I have to point out that the first electric clock was invented by a Caithness inventor, Alexander Bain and patented in October 1840.

Bain claimed that Wheatstone had taken some of his inventions and passed them off as his own.

But since Bain made no attempt to work on concertinas, I'll continue to play a Wheatstone.

Oh course Aly Bain was always more interested in fiddles than concertinas........ :ph34r:

I'm sorry I haven't got a clue how the game works but I am enjoying the ride.....