6th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll have to be Ned Kelley's hopping band gambit #3 (outlawed in polite company since 1891) taking me to Holborn, and may God have mercy on us all.

Have a care, Woody, I'm considering writing your name in my Little Yellow Book.

Chris

I'd make a suggestion regarding what you can do with your book, but I wouldn't want to shock Samantha :)

Time for a cup of tea I think - so it's off to the Tea Guild's ‘Top London Afternoon Tea' award 2010 - The Palm Court At The Langham. To get there I'll go via Elephant & Castle and Knightsbridge - better known as "Lyttleton's rough with the smooth 2 for 1 shuffle" - before arriving somewhat worse for wear and significantly poorer at Oxford Circus.

It'll have to be Ned Kelley's hopping band gambit #3 (outlawed in polite company since 1891) taking me to Holborn, and may God have mercy on us all.

Have a care, Woody, I'm considering writing your name in my Little Yellow Book.

Chris

I'd make a suggestion regarding what you can do with your book, but I wouldn't want to shock Samantha :)

Time for a cup of tea I think - so it's off to the Tea Guild's 'Top London Afternoon Tea' award 2010 - The Palm Court At The Langham. To get there I'll go via Elephant & Castle and Knightsbridge - better known as "Lyttleton's rough with the smooth 2 for 1 shuffle" - before arriving somewhat worse for wear and significantly poorer at Oxford Circus.

After having a look round the shops heading to hollaway road to buy a retro swing dress.

Edited by LDT

Having waited for years (in fact since the creation of ********** ********) to make this move, I will play the canal terminus manouvre, and go:

West Croydon

Delighted to see you in the Arena, Peter. People should be aware that Peter is one of the most senior adjudicators the amateur game has got. he has long been an inspiration to me and I only hope my Humphing can come close to his standard.

Chris

PS Woody: you're caviling has earned two purple demerits! Take care not to spend them all at once ...

PS Woody: you're caviling has earned two purple demerits! Take care not to spend them all at once ...

It just goes to show that John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton was right! (Beware the slippery path Mr. T!!!! ;) )

In J.E.E.D.A's honour let's take a trip to North Acton.

It just goes to show that John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton was right! (Beware the slippery path Mr. T!!!! ;) )

In memory of his fair wife and great player of the game, Countess Marie Anna Ludomilla Euphrosina von Arco, I will ignore that!

Chris

In memory of his fair wife and great player of the game, Countess Marie Anna Ludomilla Euphrosina von Arco, I will ignore that!

:D :D :D :D :D

OK - hold on to you hats - I'm going for it........................................................Damn! Missed! Camden Town :( :( :(

:D :D :D :D :D

OK - hold on to you hats - I'm going for it........................................................Damn! Missed! Camden Town :( :( :(

Using the Northern line quickstep double jeopardy move....Moorgate

Old Street

Ah! I see what's going on here. You two are working together. Well you're not going to make me the ham & lettuce in your sneaky MC sandwich. Delving into my helpful guide "Mornington Crescent - The season's best moves: 1933-4 - Book 7 - Chapter 30" I'll use Churchill's classic defensive move of a single-strape followed by a tight line shaving Nip which of course takes us all to Watford Junction. That should spoil your rotten little game. :P

Old Street

Ah! I see what's going on here. You two are working together. Well you're not going to make me the ham & lettuce in your sneaky MC sandwich. Delving into my helpful guide "Mornington Crescent - The season's best moves: 1933-4 - Book 7 - Chapter 30" I'll use Churchill's classic defensive move of a single-strape followed by a tight line shaving Nip which of course takes us all to Watford Junction. That should spoil your rotten little game. :P

Rumbled.

I applied Harrison's Grand Obfuscation, but then I couldn't reveal that at the time.

Edited by SteveS

Please, try to keep laterals above the diagonal.

Chris, could we have a ruling (Admiralty & Nautical 1775) on Watford junction. to my mnid its a straight play/reverse which is OK, but the single strape could be seen as a connected infringement.

Chris, could we have a ruling (Admiralty & Nautical 1775) on Watford junction. to my mnid its a straight play/reverse which is OK, but the single strape could be seen as a connected infringement.

I understand your concern but as Woody was fighting a Grand Obfuscation I can also understand why he did what he did. With due deference to your mnid (how is he now, by the way) the single strape would in normal play have been a demeritable manoeuvre, but this wasn't normal play. Instead Woody elicited a confession of Harrison's Grand Obfuscation by SteveS and so scores double and can have a look inside my little box. Clever. Very clever.

are broken escalators wild?

No, but they can be quite annoyed.

DCSubwayStairsWeb.jpg

Chris

I understand your concern but as Woody was fighting a Grand Obfuscation I can also understand why he did what he did. With due deference to your mnid (how is he now, by the way) the single strape would in normal play have been a demeritable manoeuvre, but this wasn't normal play. Instead Woody elicited a confession of Harrison's Grand Obfuscation by SteveS and so scores double and can have a look inside my little box. Clever. Very clever.

Chris you are kind, generous, beautiful, and wise beyond your years.

I apologise if any of my previous postings may have given the vague impression that I thought the exact opposite & that you were becoming a power crazed loon drunk on the majesty of high office. Any offence was of course unintended and completely accidental.