Last of Summer Wine

michael sam wild

Can anyone point me to a nice concertina recording of Ronnie Hazlehurst's tune . I have Harry Pitch's harmonica version but would like som interesting chord examples.

If anyone has some dots they would be welcome

also interested in a nice arrangement of Acker Bilk's ' Stanger on the Shore'

Incidentally what is the music that used to come on the Hovis bread ad's.?

Edited by michael sam wild

Incidentally what is the music that used to come on the Hovis bread ad's.?

Dvorak's New World Symphony.

Yes - in particular the 2nd movement, Largo. The famous theme is played initially on the cor anglais before being taken up by other instruments.

Dvorak wrote this in 1893 whilst Director of the National Conservatory in New York. I am sure its heartaching melodies are an indication of the composer's homesickness and longing for his native Bohemia (now the Czech Republic), to which he returned two years later.

If you are interested in seeing the dots, the orchestral score of the second movement is here:

http://erato.uvt.nl/..._SNKLHU_3_9.pdf

The cor anglais ('corno inglese') solo starts at bar 7. Remember that the cor anglais is a transposing instrument pitched in F, so the written notes (in the key of A-flat major) will actually sound a fifth lower in D-flat major).

Can anyone point me to a nice concertina recording of Ronnie Hazlehurst's tune . I have Harry Pitch's harmonica version but would like som interesting chord examples.

If anyone has some dots they would be welcome

also interested in a nice arrangement of Acker Bilk's ' Stanger on the Shore'

There's some dots here - dunno if they're any use. PDF file. Couldn't PM you.

http://www.justmusicuk.com/spweb/images/publications/pdf/JM32434%20Last%20of%20the%20Summer%20Wine.pdf

Edited by malcolmbebb