The Flying Concertina

I am pleased to announce the availability of my new CD, "The Flying Concertina". For the listener's enjoyment there are songs across various genre albeit with an Aussie slant. There are bush songs, novelty items, contemporary and original material and even a dash of jazz and a couple of tunes thrown in. Not hemmed-in by musical boundaries, in a sense, my concertina flies. As well, the title track is tribute to the use of the concertina in circus but with a fanciful twist.

Take a peek here or there.

To purchase go to my website via the above link where you can peruse the track list and hear a few audio samples. Sorry there is no Pay Pal or CD baby option, you'll have to make personal contact. How good is that? All sale proceeds are being donated to my preferred charity, the Leukaemia Foundation but if you don't want to buy the CD you could just make an appropriate donation to the foundation and receive a free CD! :D

Cheers All,

Steve.

post-10768-0-02885800-1493757317_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Steve:

My bank tells me that a wire transfer (EFT) to you would cost me between Cdn$30 to $80!!! Plus the hidden fees inside their fraudulent exchange rates. From Canada it is particularly bad because the banks first convert to US$ and then to the target currency, each time with a nice markup to themselves - all hidden from view, of course. Oh to be a banker.

You could get your customers to use your email address for a PayPal transfer - I don't think you have to have a business account and update your website for commercial transactions. Sadly, PayPal seems to be the best option for a small number of small transactions.

In another recent post, http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19633&p=183993, Theo recommended Transferwise which I investigated and found to be quite reasonable for midsized sums of money. Small amounts suffer from a minimum fee of about $3.00. No cost to you on the receiving end.

There are other methods (credit cards, bank drafts, PO drafts) as well, but wire transfers are a definite no-go for me anyway. Oh, and you definitely do not want to receive cheques (checks) in a foreign currency.

Don.

Here is another suggestion: If someone sends you a scanned copy of a charity receipt to their local Leukemia Foundation, you could email them a link to somewhere where they can download a digital copy of your CD. Dropbox or Google Drive would be easy for that, and free. Do not forget to scan the album artwork as well, and rip at a good quality bitrate or .ogg format.

I would be up for this option as I would rip the CD anyway. The last thing I need is yet another plastic beermat.

Steve:

You could get your customers to use your email address for a PayPal transfer - I don't think you have to have a business account and update your website for commercial transactions. Sadly, PayPal seems to be the best option for a small number of small transactions.

Don.

Here is another suggestion: If someone sends you a scanned copy of a charity receipt to their local Leukemia Foundation, you could email them a link to somewhere where they can download a digital copy of your CD. Dropbox or Google Drive would be easy for that, and free. Do not forget to scan the album artwork as well, and rip at a good quality bitrate or .ogg format.

Don, thank you so much. Malcolm has already sorted me out regarding Paypal, I didn't realize I could do it with just the email address. I'll get that sorted out and look into the digital download option too. Thanks.

• 10 months later...