Concertina Wkshp At San Francisco Free Fest

Sorry about the short notice on this--it just got confirmed.

I will be in charge of the concertina workshop at this year's San Francisco Free Folk Festival (http://sffolkfest.org). The workshop is scheduled for Saturday, June 26 from noon to 1:00 pm.

Here's the info that I sent to the festival workshop coordinator (it's all true, too!) :

"Workshop description: Introduction to the concertina and demonstration and Q&A covering concertina playing in a variety of styles, including both melody playing (Irish, English, etc.) and vocal accompaniment. Anyone interested in the concertina is welcome to attend, regardless of whether or not you have an instrument or know how to play one.

Daniel Hersh has played Anglo concertina for over 20 years, playing for Irish, contra and English country dances, in concert performances for adults and children and in recording studios. He has previously led concertina workshops at the Summer Solstice Festival in Los Angeles and co-led workshops at past Free Folk Festivals."

I'm also looking for other players to help lead this, especially those who can do things that I can't do. Carol Denney, who plays English concertina, has already agreed to assist, and I'm awaiting word from some others. If you'd like to pitch in, let me know!

Hope to see you there--

Daniel