Hey Hey I'm Back! :d

Dear Everybody

Just to let you know that I've moved and am on-line again after a tricky few months. My apologies to all of you who've tried to contact me and not received any kind of communication (grovel, grovel). S'good to be back though and it's open house at mine!

Jill

It's great that you're back Jill! We missed you (at least I did) :D

Dear Everybody

Just to let you know that I've moved and am on-line again after a tricky few months. My apologies to all of you who've tried to contact me and not received any kind of communication (grovel, grovel). S'good to be back though and it's open house at mine!

Jill

It's great that you're back Jill! We missed you (at least I did) :D

- so did I!

/Henrik

I'm sure Jill won't mind me saying that she has joined the concertina community here in Bradford on Avon, which gives yet another reason for strolling players to visit our lovely town. Her presence here has already given me the chance to sample her chocolate cheese cake (which SSI afficionados will be interested to note rivals Louise's chocolate cake for, well, sheer chocolatyness).

Chris

I'm sure Jill won't mind me saying that she has joined the concertina community here in Bradford on Avon, which gives yet another reason for strolling players to visit our lovely town. Her presence here has already given me the chance to sample her chocolate cheese cake (which SSI afficionados will be interested to note rivals Louise's chocolate cake for, well, sheer chocolatyness).

Chris

Delighted to have joined too! Will bring the chocolate cheesecake to SSI if some one reminds me!

Jill

Welcome, Jill! I don't suppose you'd share that cheesecake recipe, hmmmmm???

No problem - just wait for the heart attack!

Triple Chocolate Cheese Cake

Ingredients

180g Digestive biscuits (you could increase this quantity as you wish)

90g butter or margarine

200g white chocolate

200g milk chocolate

200g bitter (plain/dark) chocolate (best with at least 70% cocoa solids)

¾ pt double cream (or crème fraîche)

300g full fat cream cheese

300g mascarpone cheese

Method

1 Make the biscuits into crumbs (place in plastic bag and crush or bash with rolling pin; it’s great for releasing tension!). Mix with the melted butter/margarine. Press into the bottom of a greased dish or tin (a spring release one is best if you intend to serve this to nice people in civilised surroundings). Place in the fridge to chill.

2 Mix together the cream and mascarpone cheeses until well blended and soft. Divide into three equal portions in separate bowls.

3 Whisk the cream until thick and add in equal portion to each of the bowls.

4 Carefully beat together the cream and cheeses.

5 Melt the chocolate and mix well with the cream cheese mixture.

6 Pour over the biscuit base, and roughly mix together to give a marbled effect, smooth and place in the fridge to set. You could set it in layers but that’s dull in my opinion.

If this makes it to the table, cut it in small portions as it is staggering rich, however, in our house it just doesn’t make it there very often. Feel free to modify the dish in any way you like and you can be a bit slapdash with the measuring too as it's very flexible recipe; it just wouldn't set in quite the same way. You could substitute all sorts of worthy ingredients like low fat cheese and half-fat biscuits but what would be the point of that eh?

love, Jill

PS Enjoy...... but don't play your box at the same time as it's a bugger to get out of the bellows! :D

So you log into Concertina.net to find out what the latest happenings are in the concertina-playing world and what do you get? a recipe for chocolate cheesecake!!! :wacko: I think I've seen everything now :D

Sounds pretty good though. We'll have to have some of that for the next Arran weekend.

So you log into Concertina.net to find out what the latest happenings are in the concertina-playing world and what do you get? a recipe for chocolate cheesecake!!! :wacko: I think I've seen everything now :D

Sounds pretty good though. We'll have to have some of that for the next Arran weekend.

Are you offering to make it?! :o

Samantha

Are you offering to make it?! :o

Samantha

I must be the worst cook in the world. It would probably come out looking like gravy and tasting similar. I'll bring a print-out of the recipe and a few ingredients if that would help. :P

:D Hi Jill - I thought you were just keeping a low profile. :ph34r:

Watch out Morgana, my son's in Melbourne! :o

I was wondering how he is getting on, but haven't had a call so am assuming all is well :D