Congratulations To Jim

Okay Jim,

I guess you scared Ken and he won't grab your points.

No, I've just been too busy at work lately (likely for the rest of the school year!), so my time here is limited to reading and the essential maintenance. Y'all are the best custodians of humor anyway, doing much better with it than anyone official could do. So I leave it in your capable hands.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okeydoke Ken,

You have fun at school and line up a nifty job for next year.

Jim and I will take turns being you on the postings.

Ha, be afraid Ken, be very afraid.

Hmm, what trouble can we get into, good humored trouble of course and very politely done.

Gotta think about what the next quirky thing for points will be.

Helen

...good humored trouble of course and very politely done.

Gee, that doesn't sound like much fun! :(

Gotta think about what the next quirky thing for points will be.

D'you mean the next quirky name, or the next quirky subject that can be used for racking up lots of posting-points?

There have already been various suggestions for the former. Here are a few more:

... "Air Apparent"

... "Wind Mill" (for a woman we could use "Wind Lass", but "Wind Lad" doesn't quite work :) )

... "Blow Hard"

or maybe

... "Hyper Ventilator".

As a description for concertina, how about "One-Lung Wonder"?

For the next silly Topic, how about recipes using concertinas?

..... We could call it "Scuisine" ("Squeezine"). :D (ducking for cover)

Alrighty Jim,

We'll just get into trouble the old fashioned way without being polite.

I was thinking of quirky names, but quirky threads are good too.

Being back in America on the West Coast doesn't count, er now I am in trouble, I mean it counts, it counts, it counts a lot. But you need to come to the Midwest or at least to the East Coast.

Hey I like the idea for the cookin. And if it is at a cookout, we could use the bellows to fan the campfire. I wonder why no one takes a concertina on Survivor Show for their luxury item. Such a versatile little machine. Maybe we should start a thread on how you could survive on a deserted island with your concertina and a few friends.

Helen

:) Hey, I'm back!

I see that you're all still nuts, that's good.

I can be online sometimes, now. I no longer have a website, though. I have too much else to bother with.

I do have some comments to make that are actually concertina related, but...tomorrow, maybe...tired, now!

Congratulations to Jim, yes.

Some to me, too, since I've finally got my old cat, Elvis, to stop harassing me when I play the concertina. He just gets up and leaves the room now. This is great, since it allows me to play anywhere in the house, not just in the bathroom!

Anyway, later...

I suppose SOME teasing is okay.... :rolleyes:

After several visits from computer people, Comcast and others, my husband has a new (rebuilt) computer with Windows xp, and finally got reconnected.

I no longer have my own computer, but, I didn't want one, and I'm happy...just won't be online quite as often. Anyway, I decided to cut down to just the few forums that I 'talk' in, which is this one, and sometimes a few garden or craft forums.

I'll probably add some more photos, to my albums, though, since I have a new camera.

As for concertina....I'll be back to say more later...

Ooh! I wasn't paying attention, and I missed my chance to invade England when 1066 rolled around. :(

I know I really should have left it to somebody named William, but the next most prolific poster with "Will" or "Bill" even in their name appears to be Wes Williams, with 1006 posts to go.

Well, I wound up leaving it for him, after all. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just had to make my number 1234 a post in this Topic.

Any numerologists in the crowd who want to assign some sort of special significance to that?

(Who said, "He posts too much!"?)

But it can't be as significant as when I saw my car's odometer show 3's straight across (6 of 'em).

(What was the significance of that? Time to buy a new car!)

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to deliberately not put this post here, but then I thought, "Why not? May as well keep this thread going."

... So this is my post #1300 (100 times good luck). :)

Edited to add: And still only a "Heavyweight Boxer". Yawn!

Edited by JimLucas