Gift ideas for Irish Traditional Music players

A friend of mine has an online business, ITMGoodies.com, that offers a large and growing number of T-shirts with humorous designs tied to Irish traditional music, sessions, etc. Check the 'Accordion' category (I know ...) for some designs that will of be special interest to concertina.net members.

If you fit this demographic, you might forward the link on to your Significant Other when he/she says, "I just don't know what to get you ...."

I'm tickled that the newest design has a slogan I suggested, "Box Vobiscum." (Note the detail in the cross!) If you have an idea for a concertina-themed shirt that you'd like to see, send me a message and I'll pass it along to the proprietor.

Ah!, this must be the Reverend from thesession.org - great ABC tune search engine, not sure about his teeshirts though. Obviously designed for the USA market! I kinda like the one about the Bodhran player in the forest, though :)

Edited by tombilly

Good for players of both Irish and English music would be the Uri Geller automated spoonbender with bodhran shredder attachment.

You have some wicked* thoughts, Chris. ;)

............... can I have one for Christmas?

* as in the "traditional" meaning of the word!

If you have an idea for a concertina-themed shirt that you'd like to see, send me a message and I'll pass it along to the proprietor.

'If someone plays a concertina in a forest and no ones there are you a musician?' :P

Edited by LDT

If you have an idea for a concertina-themed shirt that you'd like to see, send me a message and I'll pass it along to the proprietor.

'If someone plays a concertina in a forest and no ones there are you a musician?' :P

I reckon a musician is more than just a player, and I agree with whoever said it's one of those titles that you can't give yourself because that's arrogant. You have to leave it to others to award the honour to you. But, secretly, in your heart of hearts you probably do know if you are or not, so 'If the player thinks so, yes'.

(is this a very English perspective?)

Editted to add: Sorry; that was a complete red herring; I forgot the discussion was about T shirt slogans and thought I was in the musicianship discussion. I'll try to pay better attention in future.

Edited by Dirge

Editted to add: Sorry; that was a complete red herring; I forgot the discussion was about T shirt slogans and thought I was in the musicianship discussion. I'll try to pay better attention in future.

It's never stopped anyone in the past! :rolleyes:

Shouldn't it be, "If a bear plays a concertina in the forest and no one hears, is it a musician?"

Alan