Scandinavian Squeeze-In 2016

JimLucas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sebastian, I believe anyone with an interest in any type of concertina will be welcome and fit in. I'm quite incompetent on a 30 button anglo (but love playing it), but still find that I am very welcome and enjoy myself a lot among all the EC players. I'd be interested in seeing your 20 button concertina. Is it an anglo?

My husband who doesn't even play the concertina (but plays the melodeon) has been there a couple of times.

I would like to travel to Scania. But I don't think there will be much interest on 20-button concertinas. Hence I'm afraid I would be rather out of place there.

Out of place? Not in the least! Here are some reasons why not:

• You may not be the only person with a 20-button anglo.
  • Even those whose anglos have 30 or more buttons still enjoy tunes and arrangements that don't go beyond the 20-button core. Some of them even keep a separate 20-button instrument for some of those tunes.
  • Most of our melodeon players work with 2-row models. I.e., like the two rows of your 20-button, so you should have a lot to share.
  • There are even lots of great tunes that don't need to go beyond one row.
  • You might be surprised at what you can learn from folks who play completely different instruments... or just enjoy by playing with them.
  • Besides, we're very friendly and love to share fellowship as well as music.

So I suggest you just tell* me you're coming, and we'll have a place for you. I'll send you information about travel, being met, etc.

* The best way to tell me is to send an email via our web site. (Once there, click on "Contact Info" in the menu at the left, then on "click here" to start your email.) That way I'll have your email address for sending further information.

For what it's worth, the Swedish railways are advertising special discounted rates between Berlin and Malmö. I would expect that Deutsche Bahn has something similar. Those tickets probably include onward travel to Lund and Dalby at no extra cost. I'll check on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for a very nice weekend as usual. I'm sorry I left rather abruptly without getting the time to say goodbye to everyone but it was of course nice to meet you all (I know that everyone isn't on this forum). I managed to make it to Trollhättan in time for our Irish session, which was good as always, with the exception maybe that the new guy who plays the guitar sings everything in E.

It was a real pity that Daniel didn't come this year, when there were so many melodeon players and generally many who wanted to learn Scandinavian tunes. I told him that, and will do my best to convince him for next year...

Yes, what a great weekend and thank you too!!! We rally had a great time, and I think I got that "Hemköps schottis" of yours now :D, even though my phone didn't manage to record it! <_<

It was a real pity that Daniel didn't come this year, when there were so many melodeon players and generally many who wanted to learn Scandinavian tunes. I told him that, and will do my best to convince him for next year...

I would certainly have been happy to see Daniel during this years SSI, he is such a nice guy and a good musician with lots of tunes in his fingers!!!! Hopefully you can persuade Daniel to join you next year! :)

And thanks to Sebastian for the GREAT FANTASTIC food and too Jim for making it possible for such great weekend to happen!

Edited by Hasse