Christmas Cards

What a lovely year this has been on this site.I have enjoyed all your postings,

stories,poems,discussions and most of all your friendship.

I am not going to send any of you a Christmas card instead I shall give some money to charity, but I will take this opportunity to wish you all

"A Happy Christmas and a Concertineringly Good Year"

Al :)

Thanks Robert in a few more months I shall be asking for lessons from you.

I thought you may like to hear an amusing conversation my son had with one of his customers.My son makes house signs and a woman rang him last week to order one as a Christmas present for her husband .Her final words were "He does not deserve it after what he bought for me last year"."What was that then " my son replied."A PEG BAG and he got it from OXfam".

Some people are never satisfied.

Al :rolleyes:

My partner Anne produces greetings cards (as well as playing concertina). It's what she does for a living. Here is the design she has produced for the card we are sending out this year. Some of you will be getting this through the post, hope I don't spoil the surprise. for the rest of you, we would post this to everyone if we could afford to. Since we can't (we keep spending al our money on concertinas...) please accept our wishes for a splendid Christmas, and let us all hope that 2005 is better than 2004.

Chris

snowdrop_woods.jpg

I too am very happy to have found this place, and the good people here. Warm wishes for a joyful Christmas and may the new year treat us all gently.

I also want to add my delight in the lovely card, Anne! I'd like to see some of the others!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine's not really a card, but a little web page, so maybe it really belongs in the "Merry Christmas" thread. But the main picture is one I would have used for a card, if I'd gotten around to printing one on paper. So please consider it my Christmas card -- or my julekort -- to you all.

(It's little late -- due to some computer problems -- but that also let me include the photos of yesterday's snow.)

Oh, yeah. 2501 is almost as good a number as 2500! Maybe even better :)

Merry Christmas everyone from So Oregon.. bright and clear 28 degrees F

The 11 deer in my yard are happily munching my brew of oats corn barley

mollases and vitamins...

The Canada geese are patiently awaiting their turn

2 pairs of mallards are "frolicking" in the pond...

I split firewood this morning in preparation for a storm moving in tonight...

snow to 1500' I am at 1750'

Jim ,

I note the rooves (roofs) are steeply pitched.. is this for rain or snow ???

Jeff

Guest Peter Laban

Co. Clare had a rare white(-ish) Christmas when snow blew in from the Atlantic around noon on Christmas day.

Best wishes to you all.

Edited by Peter Laban