Wanted: George Jones Plaque

Fourest

I have recently purchased a George Jones English, however it has lost it's (baffles and) plaque. I am looking to replace the lost oval. The concertina dates to 1902, so something before then would be best, but others considered as well.

Dave

Hi Fourest

Firstly welcome to Cnet, ...and congratulations on your purchase. I too have a Jones English (amongst others - a later one with metal ends) - good concertinas and sometimes underrated!

Whilst not wishing to deprive any label owners of a sale, you could always download and print one of the label images from the Concertina Museum collection. here's a good one (and by flicking through the other instruments there are of course others): http://concertinamuseum.com/CM00332.htm

Good luck and enjoy the concertina (and Cnet).

Kind regards

For what it's worth, I have ordered small engraved brass-colored (actually aluminium) plaques for insertion into the fretwork behind the ovals on a couple of my Jones concertinas. It took some careful measuring and some thought about what typeface looked good, but I wound up with something that's (I think) tasteful (black lettering on brass-colored background), albeit not authentic.

There's probably a place in your vicinity that makes plaques for trophies, presentation pieces, cases & boxes or the like that will do the job for $20-30.

I found down loading and printing to be fine and also really easy to re size, I printed several of varying size and then laminated them (which adds a little rigidity) before cutting them out leaving enough of the laminating material around the edge to apply the glue which It does without staining the paper, I think they actualy look better printed one off white paper but that's just my opinion, good luck

For what it's worth, I have ordered small engraved brass-colored (actually aluminium) plaques for insertion into the fretwork behind the ovals on a couple of my Jones concertinas. It took some careful measuring and some thought about what typeface looked good, but I wound up with something that's (I think) tasteful (black lettering on brass-colored background), albeit not authentic.

There's probably a place in your vicinity that makes plaques for trophies, presentation pieces, cases & boxes or the like that will do the job for $20-30.

Hmm... The metal reproduction seems interesting. Do you have any photos of the finished product? I'll keep it in mind! Thanks guys!

Dave

Edited by Fourest