Selling 2 Beautiful Concertinas

GregMarquet

Hello concertina lovers,

I am selling two of my beloved concertinas!

An amazing Wheatstone Miniature Maccann Duet that I bought from Barleycorn Concertinas. It plays beautifully and It is extremely rare. So powerful for the size.

And an as amazing maybe a little bit less rare 48 keys Lachenal New Model English concertina. I bought this one from David Robertson, and he did a stunning work restoring it.

You can check the auctions:

12 keys Wheatstone Miniature Maccann Duet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302178528085?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

48 keys Lachenal New Model English concertina:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302178472053?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

post-12395-0-11073700-1482883444_thumb.jpg

...48 keys Lachenal New Model English concertina. I bought this one from David Robertson, and he did a stunning work restoring it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302178472053?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The New Model looks lovely, but what is the wood? With the new CITES regulations going into effect on Jan. 2, 2017, might you need to apply for a permit to sell it... maybe even within the US? Go to this topic to learn a bit more. Or to this external page for information on US authorities to contact in order to find out what, if anything, you (and the buyer?) need to do.

Thanks! I will definitely look into that. I am not sure what wood it is. It seems almost impossible to know for sure with all the different kinds of wood. But I'll try.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edited by GregMarquet

When even the phrase "artificial ivory" started to get items flagged, everyone just started calling it "bone". It makes me wonder if people will start referring to concertina ends as "laminate fruit wood" to avoid the potential hassle?

When even the phrase "artificial ivory" started to get items flagged, everyone just started calling it "bone". It makes me wonder if people will start referring to concertina ends as "laminate fruit wood" to avoid the potential hassle?

And that would last until the customs agents got wind of it (news can travel fast on the internet) and started hassling everybody claiming they were transporting "laminate fruit wood", even those for whom the description was completely accurate. Meanwhile, the first few overconfident individuals caught with actual rosewood might have their instruments destroyed.