Date for a Dickinson Wheatstone Hayden Duet?

David Barnert

Thanks for doing this, Bob.

Can you provide a date for a modern (Dickinson) Wheatstone? It's my Hayden-46 key (you heard me play it last year), SN 60082. Below is a picture of a very similar instrument, but it is not mine. It differs from mine only in that my hand straps do not say "Wheatstone" on them and are not riveted down at the end opposite the buckle (they are glued and pass under the "staple" barely visible in this picture).

I am told that it is from the mid 1980s, but if you could give me more specific information, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

post-9-1061702677.jpg

Wouldn't it be simpler just to give Steve Dickinson a ring?

Last time I tried to contact SD, (how shall we say?) it didn't go well. Don't forget, he still has several thousand dollars of my money on a Hayden Aeola that was ordered in 1989 and promised in 1992.

Can you provide a date for a modern (Dickinson) Wheatstone? It's my Hayden-46 key (you heard me play it last year), SN 60082.  ... I am told that it is from the mid 1980s, but if you could give me more specific information, I'd be grateful.

David,

Can we just revise the Forum Charter to define "history" as having ended in 1980?

Seriously, the records of Wheatstone & Co. from 1975 forward are, as Chris says, with Steve Dickinson and not generally available.

Steve did start in 1975 at #60000, so at a reasonable production rate #60082 should be in the mid-1980s--which is probably how your estimate was arrived at.

Bob