Button Not Sounding - English Concertina - Morse Albion 37 Key Bariton

Hoping for some Morse Albion repair advice.

My Morse Albion 37 key baritone English Concertina has performed well for the few years since I got her from the Botton Box. But, one of the buttons has stopped sounding (the F below middle C on the right hand side of the box)

Also, there's something clunking around when I move the box. I suspect a read has come loose.

Any thoughts on diagnosis, and repair would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Because no-one else has surfaced, could you take the end off and look? If you are reluctant to undertake this you could ring the Button Box and ask for instructions or advice. If as you suspect the reed block has fallen off then any competent accordion repairer could wax it back on. However, if it was me and if I wasn't adventurous about such things, and I lived as close to the Button Box as you do I would freight it to them and get them to do the repair. One advantage of this is the wax failure (should it be that) may not be the only instance in the instrument and they will instantly spot other weaknesses. One of my pupils dropped their Morse Ceili and that caused fractures in the wax. Yours may be similar.

HTh helps

Chris

And if you ship it BBox will fix it free (they did for my Ceili once), IIRC the warranty is five years, and you go to the front of the repair line (i.e. immediate work). But call Doug up and he'll talk you through the options.

Ken