Lost/stolen Jeffries 38 Button C-G - Recovered!

dexter1946

On Dec. 26, 2017, at around 11 PM, my concertina was stolen while I was on the NYC Subway. It is a lovely Jeffries 38 button C-G. The bellows are original and, as such, are a little leaky. The bellows have the the gold papers attached. SUBSTANTIAL REWARD OFFERED! Contact me at John Dexter, dexvla@aol.com, 917-405-4227.

MY CONCERTINA HAS BEEN RECOVERED today at 630 PM!

post-12760-0-93418400-1514566216_thumb.jpg

post-12760-0-75268100-1514570888_thumb.jpg

post-12760-0-75654200-1514570901_thumb.jpg

Edited by dexter1946

On Dec. 26, 2017, at around 11 PM, my concertina was stolen while I was on the NYC Subway. It is a lovely Jeffries 38 button C-G. The bellows are original and, as such, are a little leaky. The bellows have the the gold papers attached. SUBSTANTIAL REWARD OFFERED! Contact me at John Dexter, dexvla@aol.com, 917-405-4227.

Oh no, John, I remember that Jeffries and it is indeed lovely. So sorry this happened to you.

Do you want me to post something to the Northeast Squeeze In listserv?

Edited by Jim Besser

John, I've added this to the lost/stolen pinned thread on Buy and Sell. My suggestion is that we move this notice to buy and sell also, as folks shopping for a box (and who may run across yours) may also read that forum.

Ken

Ken Coles: YES, PLEASE! I don't have any idea of how to do this myself. I would appreciate your help Very Much.

MY CONCERTINA HAS BEEN RECOVERED today at 630 PM! It is a miracle. Thanks for your help nevertheless. I really appreciate it.

Edited by dexter1946

It's an admin function, so I have to do it - now done.

I hope we find your instrument. I imagine you've notified all the dealers/secondhand shops. I encourage everyone here to also spread the word; we have a lot of eyes and ears.

Ken

Unbelievably, a MIRACLE has occurred! An MTA Transit dispatcher called me today saying that they had recovered my backpack. I retrieved it and everything is intact including the concertina! So now it is NOT lost or stolen. In appreciation, I played them The Orange in Bloom as they dispatched away.

Should I attempt to remove my post about the stolen Jeffries? Or, if I fail, perhaps someone administering the site can do it for me. I don't know the proper protocol for this. Despite the feeling that these things are not supposed to happen seemingly so easily, it is really good to experience the good people of NYC function like a neighborhood. Thanks, you guys, for all your help. I'm a very lucky man.

Edited by dexter1946

Hey John, we all breath a sigh of relief to hear that your Anglo has been recovered... What fine luck you have!

Why not let the original post stand as a cautionary tale of the dangers braved from a night of fun at the Pound and Pence.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

What a nice way to end a year like this one - nothing quite like a narrowly averted disaster to cheer the heart, especially something which for many of us would be up there on our "things I most dread" list. So happy for you John and I hope we'll get to hear more of your excellent playing here in the future?

Cheers everyone and a very Happy New Year (in another 12 hours here!)

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...