Oldham Concertina Band

SteveS

Shame no recordings exist of this band.

I am still considering the Groups/Band CD and I am in discussion to see if it can proceed.

Al

Several recordings were made at the new event Banding Together last June. The event is continuing in June this year.

See website:http://www.clubbz.com/club/35264/ipplepen-kingskerswell-newton-abbot-bickington/banding-together.

regards

John

I will let you know any news regarding this and of course Duet as soon as the information becomes available.

Jim Ward has some old recordings and although Graham may decline this band project Jim and I may piece this together in the future.

I hope you all enjoyed the Two on English International Heywood and Ashton under Lyne as much as I did.

Thanks John for the info.

Al.

• 1 year later...

Ahem! "Somebody" has written an article about the Oldham Band; Joseph Astley, Oldham Concertina Band and the MHJ Shield; featuring, and explaining, that post card, and including a discography of the recordings they are said not to have made:

DISCOGRAPHY
In April 1907 the Oldham Prize Concertina Band and Joseph Astley made a number of wax cylinder recordings for Edison Bell.
Oldham Prize Concertina Band:
A Sailor’s Life—Descriptive: Edison Bell 10113
The Contest—March (Thompson/arr. James Ord-Hume): Edison Bell 10114
La Carmélite (Hahn)—Selection: Edison Bell 10115
Boccaccio (Suppé)—Selection: Edison Bell 10116
Albion March: Edison Bell 10117
J. A. Astley:
Dresdina Gavotte, Concertina with piano accompaniment: Edison Bell 10119
Rocked in the cradle of the deep (Joseph P. Knight/ Emma H. Willard), Bass concertina with piano accompaniment: Edison Bell10133.
:rolleyes:
Edited by Stephen Chambers