Rochelle Anglo For Sale

RustyBits

Hi Lisa,

If you upload pictures you may get this back on track and people can take their debate elsewhere. Good luck. Alternatively, why don't you re-post your for sale listing and leave the folk here to carry on their rivetting discussion on concertina values and interference morals.................

Edited by Paul Read

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! Woody.

I had the opportunity to purchase a D/G Norman, which is the preferred key for Morris music. The Norman I had tried a few years back was soooooo nice! It was listed at a good price and the seller allowed me to pay over time, for which I will be eternally greatful. I think Homewood and Button Box and Wim all have outstanding instruments and the trade in option is great. But I HAD to HAVE that Norman!

My Normans a G/D as well - lovely instrument.

Hi Paul,

I'll probably wait a while and then re-post with pictures. Who knows, maybe the Universe just wants me to keep this Rochelle for some reason! Perhaps some young local will get interested and I'll have another Anglo player within 100 miles of me. Thanks for you efforts to redirect this back to a buy and sell forum : )

Lisa

Tony, why is it your business, but not mine?

If you can't see that then you're also blind.

Actually there are discussions on Buy and Sell threads around the spectrum of musical instruments, latest was on Melodeon.net. People openly question asked prices. You seem to be bothered with it.

It's a free public forum, not personal ad paid for.

But you are probably right, since you are better than me.

Your kindness produced several epithets you awarded me with:

Bully, poking my nose into it, blind, selfish, accusation of canning.

It's not severe enough, for such hideous crime as questioning the asking price.

Keep it up, it's most helpful.

m3838 said:

Really I can't care less about some sale been successful, if the price is too high. ... if I knew about it, I should keep my nose up "my" butt.

I think that's a great idea.

Perhaps as Lisa is abandoning this thread, it would be better if the rest of us did the same. It's unlikely that arguing is going to achieve much except raising some posters' blood pressure and perhaps shortening their stay on this earth. ;)

m3838 said:

Really I can't care less about some sale been successful, if the price is too high. ... if I knew about it, I should keep my nose up "my" butt.

Aren't we breaking some simple rules?

One thing is to discuss some price on some offered inexpencive instrument, and have argumented disagreements, another is resorting to dirty suggestions, that belong to "Look at my Tits" forum.

And I thought ITM doesn't harbor such aspirations. :blink:

m3838 said:

Aren't we breaking some simple rules?

One thing is to discuss some price on some offered inexpencive instrument, and have argumented disagreements, another is resorting to dirty suggestions, that belong to "Look at my Tits" forum.

And I thought ITM doesn't harbor such aspirations. :blink:

To reply to M3838s last post it may be better to go here:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php...;f=4&t=7790

It may reduce the sabotage effect on the sale.

]

It may reduce the sabotage effect on the sale.

The thing is that I doubt it's done any harm at all. Here's Misha stirring it, yes, but anyone reading the thread would quickly see that the overriding consensus has been that Lisa is not being unreasonable in her quoting price, and that the Russian is being a bit naughty* on this one. Of course a buyer would know that, as it's a private sale, he might manage to knock her down a bit as well, so I don't think there's anything there to put off a would-be buyer who comes to it cold.

In the meantime 'Rochelle For Sale' has had a good run on the top of the discussion board, not vanishing into the forgotten past like most For Sale ads. On balance I think it's done more good that harm.

Shame it hasn't sold anyway, Lisa; you must have posted it when there's a shortage of new boys.

*Don't bother to comment on that Misha, because I won't rise.

It's a free public forum, not personal ad paid for.

It may be free for you, but it isn't "free for all". whistle.gif

Lisa will be expected to pay for her advertisement if it is successful. :rolleyes:

Can I hope to collect my fee for making Lisa's ad so spectacular?

I already have a cue of customers (nah, just bluffing, but one can dream, right?)

Lisa will be expected to pay for her advertisement if it is successful. :rolleyes:

Funny you should mention it. . . . I was wondering what the total bill would be if all the hours spent typing and cogitating replies was calculated and billed at $20.00 per hour. Perhaps we should all go into business together to do debates for folks on their sales websites! Misha especially, or it would never fly :lol:

I think it should be calculated at $40.00 per hour. Perhaps much more....

We all need to buy more instruments with that money.

r

I charge $60 per hour for cold sale related debate. Extra for degrees of heating.

Still cheaper than a lawyer, so send your enquiries.

Here is one that just sold on eBay for $250.

I felt like $275 was a fair price for a barely used instrument. I paid $330 plus (I believe it was $25.00) shipping. There is always dickering too. . . Maybe I'd include shipping. . .

And yes, I'd do a payment arrangement with someone. I played this Rochelle while I was doing a payment plan for my Norman.

Thought I'd start here first. E-bay next week.

Lisa

You can try to sell it at any price you want. I just would like Bear, who got burned on cheap Hoher, to pay attention to your ad, but I don't think your price is very attractive to him yet. I personally wouldn't bother, unless the Rochelle will go at $170-200. Try ebay and see, if the market at large will support your price. I'm curious myself.

Edited by Daniel Hersh

Here is one that just sold on eBay for $250.

Yes, I was watching it. And another one, Jackie, from the same power seller.

Rochelle was bought by someone, who looks like a reseller, not player.

But it did sell, and I guess it set the price.

$250 then, shipping not included.