wanted - a "new" concertina

spindizzy

I'm getting ahead of myself a bit here, but this summer is one of those significant birthdays ph34r.gif and to console myself I would like to upgrade from my midgrade (and very pleasant ) Lachenal treble EC.

So, to hell with the scrimping and saving for a pension, or investing my hard gained pennies in Icelandic Banks. I want a nice Wheatstone or maybe an Edeophone.

Probably wooden ends rather than metal, a sweet tone rathher than pure volume and a good action (I seem to get on perfectly well with 5-fold bellows at the moment so 5 or 6 folds will be fine)

So... if you have something nice to sell this summer, at a reasonable price (I did mention HARD EARNED PENNIES) perhaps you could drop me a line.

I'll need to look and feel and play before making decisions so UK is a must and preferably not too far away (Cheshire is home though I visit London area every so often)

And of course if this all happens, I'll also have a Lachenal to sell!

Chris

If still for sale, this is a nice one:

http://www.concertin...showtopic=13524

Yum ..... really nice, though I thought that this was for a swap. But devon is probably too far away, and I really would want to try a concertina first ....

Still it might be worth seeing if the seller and I would be in the same part of the country any time soon.

Chris

As I'm sure you're aware, Chris Algar is just down the road in Stoke on Trent. A visit to his Aladdin's Cave might come up with something, and no doubt he would be interested in your Lachenal ss well.

Yes indeed and I'll certainly be in touch with him in a few months time, and that's where my current Lach came from (about 10 yesr ago :-) ), so he should take it in trade.

• 2 months later...
I would like to upgrade from my midgrade (and very pleasant ) Lachenal treble EC.

Hi Spindizzy. Did you say EC? I just started a topic (Anglo keys) which is about 2 row concertinas in key relationships other than 1/5. I'm wondering how you find playing an EC?

I would like to upgrade from my midgrade (and very pleasant ) Lachenal treble EC.

Hi Spindizzy. Did you say EC? I just started a topic (Anglo keys) which is about 2 row concertinas in key relationships other than 1/5. I'm wondering how you find playing an EC?

Chris

I'll stick a reply in the other topic

Oooohhh..

trip to Barleycorn this morning - a visit to a (very expensive) sweetie shop.

Too much excitement for this early in the week :-)

Chris

Oh dear, My visit just to check out the trade in value of the old box, and the prices of edeos (ouch) and aeolas (very ouch)

left me walking out the door with a little, very early, edeo (maybe ~1894) that I couldn't bring myself to leave in case someone else came and bought it.

I've added a picture to the concertina pictures thread http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13942&pid=134872&st=20&&do=findComment&comment=134872

Chris

Oooohhh..

trip to Barleycorn this morning - a visit to a (very expensive) sweetie shop.

Too much excitement for this early in the week :-)

Chris

Oh dear, My visit just to check out the trade in value of the old box, and the prices of edeos (ouch) and aeolas (very ouch)

left me walking out the door with a little, very early, edeo (maybe ~1894) that I couldn't bring myself to leave in case someone else came and bought it.

I've added a picture to the concertina pictures thread http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13942&pid=134872&st=20&&do=findComment&comment=134872

Chris

Happy new concertina!!