I Saw Alan Day On Bbc News (?)

Yesterday evening I was watching BBC 1 News at 21:00. There was an item about the Football Club of Yeading (near London). They are playing for the FA cup tomorrow against New Castle United. Someone was asked for comment. The subtitle on screen indicated that it was "Alan Day". He was wearing a cap and moustache. Was it you Al or was it you in disguise :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well Henk this is the day of the FA Cup (football) where the little minnows take on the big boys.Sadly Henk that was Alan Day the football coach. I am however ready to play for Chelsea if asked and if you look at my Avatar you can see I have my boots on,but at my current level of fitness, if I ran to the centre circle to start the game,I would have to be substituted for being too tired to continue.

I am also nothing to do with the Alan Day Mercedes dealer at the bottom of the M1 motorway or Day Aggrigates who have the registration DAY on all their lorries.

I did however do a job for Day aggrigates and my contact name was Mrs Day.Imagine her suprise when I rang her "Is that Mrs Day,""Yes","Mr Day here"

Luckily it amused her not sure about her husband though.

Alan Day ( Part time Concertina player or PTCP)

There was a guy at Sidmouth many years ago that played two whistles at the same time,the only difference was they were stuck up each nostril.

Some years ago I saw singer/musician Vin Garbutt play THREE whistles. The technique was to use a piece of rubber tubing with one outlet at one end and two outlets at the other - something like an inverted doctor's stethoscope.

One whistle was used as the mouthpiece with its other end stuck into the single tube outlet. The mouthpieces of the other two whistles were stuck into the ends of the other two outlets. One of these whistles was used for fingering the notes and the other was allowed to hang down and acted like a drone - in other words, the cheapest set of bagpipes you could buy! :)

- John Wild