The Idiotina

Seeing Stephen's Waschica German concertina reminded me of my idiotina, which I recovered last weekend during a massive clearout of our loft. Here it is:-

idiotina.jpg

It is indeed a variety of anglo, playing just 2 notes: C and E. When you play it, 2 little balls whizz round in the transparent bit.

I've been trying to find the words to follow that last remark, but somehow I can't...

Quite a co-incidence that it should turn up again now.

Chris

Perhaps we could get together about 30 of these - tuned to different notes and produces a "concertina angklung band".

But perhaps an English variant would be better - two notes per instrument might be too confusing.

(An angklung band consists of a collection of bamboo "bells", each player being responsible for one note only. It sounds wonderful).

How would you feel about adding some red and yellow ribbons to act as a neckstrap and play in Bath this weekend with Mr Wilkins'?  Beers are on me if you do!

Find me a tune with just C and E in it and persuade the lasses to dance to it and you're on (and I'll buy the beer). I'll bring the minibeast this Thursday.

Chris

looks like it'd be a PERFECT first concertina for my kid-on-the-way.

(which, by the way, we found out will be a girl -- Keely Rose Garman should hit the world running some time in late December) (and yes, I want her to try the concertina!)

• 2 weeks later...

Rhomylly oh yes I think it is really fine to wish your kid play the ... the idiotina.

Did you consider HOW LONG you wish her to play it, too ?

(for the sake of your own sanity)

Edited by Tina

Me want me want waah!

Well, I was outbid (by a high official in the Vatican, it would seem - draw your own conclusions). I cannot be philosophical about this. I have already thrown my rattle out of the pram, and I am investigating the effectiveness of repeatedly holding my breath until my face turns blue.

Chris