Theme Of The Month For September, 2014: Something Classical

Jim Besser

Here's a repost. 19th century classical music. Erik Satie's Gnossienne #1.

http://youtu.be/pb0ye0Gs_Bs

Sorry, I'm using my wife's iPad today and don't immediately see a way to make that link active. Maybe I'll fix it next time I'm on my Mac.

That was beautiful David. Great seeing you again and playing with at NESI.

rss

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to play the Gymnopedie...

The same is true for me... :)

And me. Excellent as always, Tona. Perhaps I'll shift my focus to the other classical piece I have been working on...

It is the first tune I have to press two buttons with the same finger... bar chord on concertina?....

I did this commonly on Anglo, even with 3 buttons , eg. an Em chord on the left hand. On Hayden duet, sometimes a 1-5-1 chord is called for, which can be done with 1 finger, but it is very difficult to do in proper time. I have to do that with this Gymopodie, as well.

Edited by Stephen Mills

Very nice, Tona. I've been trying to work that one out on my Hayden for years. For those who didn't notice, it is the same composer (Erik Satie) as the Gnossienne that I posted a couple of days ago on this thread, which also requires pressing two buttons with one finger (on the left hand). The balance is very tricky because the accompaniment requires a lot of simultaneous notes and you can't shut them up by playing them short because they really have to be long. Meanwhile the melody is very delicate, so it is difficult not to bury the melody in the accompaniment.

Adrian- Yours went by at a time when I was busy with other things, but I meant to say that I really enjoyed it as well.

Best to all.

David

This was one I was hoping to do last month for tunes in 3 but it fits equally well this month.

Minuet from Berenice by Handel - from one of his operas.

I have an arrangement for recorder and piano but I was not successful in adapting the accompaniment so in the end, I have just uploaded the melody line. I ran out of time when recording earlier this evening so when I get time, I will probably add the bass line with my bass recorder and re-upload it.

Edited by Tootler

Well after a long break I am submitting a tune

"Trumpet and Air" by Henry Purcell

Lovely tune to use as a hop step

For a change I decided to play this on my Jeffries (Duet converted) Anglo BpFC

Played in Bp

http://youtu.be/35xpFrIvmQU

Al

Great choice Alan, lovely executed!

And what a fine-sounding instrument too!

Well after a long break I am submitting a tune

"Trumpet and Air" by Henry Purcell

Lovely tune to use as a hop step

For a change I decided to play this on my Jeffries (Duet converted) Anglo BpFC

Played in Bp

http://youtu.be/35xpFrIvmQU

Al

Great choice Alan, lovely executed!

And what a fine-sounding instrument too!

Thanks for your feed back,much appreciated.

Al