Gardener's Delight

Well, I have finally gotten round to making a recording of myself playing my composition, Gardener's Delight, with the help of Ralph Jordan, who also accompanied me on his bouzouki, in the manner of Will Fly accompanying Alan Day. It's a first attempt and it's not perfect but I am quite pleased with it.

Chris

Well, I have finally gotten round to making a recording of myself playing my composition, Gardener's Delight, with the help of Ralph Jordan, who also accompanied me on his bouzouki, in the manner of Will Fly accompanying Alan Day. It's a first attempt and it's not perfect but I am quite pleased with it.

Chris

We

We

Well done Chris, very pleasant, and do not be discouraged by the 17 who have so far downloaded but chosen not to comment.

Hats off gents. very nice too. No matter how I try with the dots it's never as helpful as playing by ear but I had got close.

Maybe the gardener would find a bag of Alan's Limey Peat useful (if ecologically unsound).

I use my home made compost with old plasterboard from skips thrown in when it's rotting.

I'm glad to hear the bouzouki from Ralphie becuse my mate Mike Lydiat has just got a nice one and I'm pointing him towards tasteful accompaniments.

Thanks to all those people who have listened to it and commented, for their kind comments.

Nice tune Chris. I'll swear that there's more than bouzouki in there though .... isn't that Ralphie's bass guitar and a tad of his Duet playing in the mix as well ? Pleasant listening.

And yes, Irene, originally, Ralphie just accompanied me on his bouzouki but later decided to add a bit of bass and a light wash here and there with his McCann duet, both of which you can hear if you listen carefully. I think it is quite subtle and nicely fills out the arrangement by adding a bit of colour and texture to it.

Chris

What a lovely tune - thank you!

I love tunes with lots of notes (like this) - a preference not shared by many of the people I play with, unfortunately.

Pamela

Yes, but tunes with only one note are so much easier to play.

What a lovely tune - thank you!

I love tunes with lots of notes (like this) - a preference not shared by many of the people I play with, unfortunately.

Yes, but tunes with only one note are so much easier to play.

On the anglo, not necessarily.

If the note can be found only in one bellows direction, one tends to run out of air. :o

• 2 weeks later...