Not Exactly A Concertina, But ...

Okay, by now I am used to seeing items on ebay listed as concertinas that are really melodeons. But there is just something even more wrong in this case. The seller says that it "works well" but from the pictures, I see evidence to the contrary... :lol:

Vintage ARTITONE Concertina Accordian

Edited by AlexCJones

Okay, by now I am used to seeing items on ebay listed as concertinas that are really melodeons.  But there is just something even more wrong in this case.  The seller says that it "works well" but from the pictures, I see evidence to the contrary... :lol:

Vintage ARTITONE Concertina Accordian

I saw that, too, and it really cracked me up. I like how the seller says that the bellows are good, as if it's possible to tell whether they are airtight when the keyboard/flappers are missing and when one of the stoppers is also missing (there is a hole on top of the right frame).

He is, however, concerned that it sounds like something is rattling around inside the instrument. Maybe it's the keyboard?

;)

Andy

The worst I've seen on ebay was an item being sold as a "Jews harp". I know a Jews harp (juice harp, jaw harp, gewgaw, trump, maultrommel, morchung, kubyz, kubing...) when I see one. That item was most certainly a cork-puller.