Mobile Version Of Site Not Working?

The Ads thread reminded me I keep meaning to ask about the mobile version of the forum site. It doesn't work on my iPhone 3GS - I get a nice looking menu but everything I click on gives a fatal error. Is it just my old technology? It is annoying to get hijacked by a version that doesn't work.

The Ads thread reminded me I keep meaning to ask about the mobile version of the forum site. It doesn't work on my iPhone 3GS - I get a nice looking menu but everything I click on gives a fatal error. Is it just my old technology? It is annoying to get hijacked by a version that doesn't work.

Again, same as with me, happens every day...

And since I have an iPhone 4s I seem to be using a slightly less outdated piece of technology... :D

Also dead on Android,

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_global_other_3::tagEntry() in

/usr/www/users/aep/concertina/forums/admin8600/sources/classes/tags/abstract.php on line 515

Which, while it's a long time since I did any php, looks like a class versioning error to me - regardless of the precise technicalities, SpinningWoman, it's at the concertina.net end not at your end ...

This has been discussed before. At the bottom of the page, hit the [Full Version] button and all will be well.

David, the additional problem reported was IMO the "hijacking". As to me, when using a smartphone the user will repeatedly (but unpredictably) be redirected to the (non-working) mobile version. That's sort of annoying, albeit not a serious problem...

Best regards - Wolf

I don't think it was an unusual metaphorical usage of the word - not in the UK anyway. No malice imputed, except the dumb malice of computers to humankind, but the effect is very annoying. I have very slow broadband at home, and it can take 10 seconds or so for a page to load, so having to keep loading things twice is enough to discourage me from using my iPhone for the forum. Besides, what is the point of implementing a mobile view that doesn't actually work? This isn't just a recent glitch, it has been like it since I first joined the forum. Has it ever worked for anyone?

I don't think it was an unusual metaphorical usage of the word - not in the UK anyway. No malice imputed, except the dumb malice of computers to humankind, but the effect is very annoying. I have very slow broadband at home, and it can take 10 seconds or so for a page to load, so having to keep loading things twice is enough to discourage me from using my iPhone for the forum. Besides, what is the point of implementing a mobile view that doesn't actually work? This isn't just a recent glitch, it has been like it since I first joined the forum. Has it ever worked for anyone?

This is just a guess on my part, but... since the software running the concertina.net Forums is not "home brew" but a commercial product from a company called Invision, maybe the always-fail mobil interface is part of the Invision product that can't be turned off, even though Paul and Ken might like to bypass it and always connect you to the "Full Version"?

To be honest, I didn't know we had a mobile version - I don't own a mobile device and in fact do the admin here over a phone modem! Guess I'm a Luddite addicted to Victorian-era instruments. ^_^

I imagine it is bundled in with Invision, but Paul may have some options and when he sees this thread he'll probably take a look.

Ken