Rochelle Anglo For Sale

RustyBits

No I don't think Lisa wants to dupe somebody, just sometimes people set unrealistic prices.

Surely if it sells - it's a realistic price, if it doesn't sell - it's not. It's for the market to decide.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... sometimes people set unrealistic prices.

They do, but there's a guy in Dublin who has new Rochelles priced at Euro 350 (US $550), and he's selling them - I was told last night by somebody who bought one off him!

Whilst I'm selling them here in Clare for the recommended price of Euro 265... :huh:

Surely if it sells - it's a realistic price, if it doesn't sell - it's not. It's for the market to decide.

Yep.

Why would m3838 try to queer the sale? What is it to him?

Does he think he's doing anybody a kindness by trying to ruin the sale?

He should keep his opinion to himself and not ruin Lisa's chance of selling the instrument.

A saving of $60-75 might not matter to him but it does to many people.

It does to me.

Here's this young woman selling a perfectly good concertina and a bully comes along and butts in,

publicly telling people it's overpriced and not worth it.

I know it's a public forum and a person can say anything he wants,

but this was just mean-spirited.

Definitely not helpful.

Edited by cocusflute

Why would m3838 try to queer the sale? What is it to him?

Does he think he's doing anybody a kindness by trying to ruin the sale?

He should keep his opinion to himself and not ruin Lisa's chance of selling the instrument.

It does to me.

Here's this young woman selling a perfectly good concertina and a bully comes along and butts in,

Definitely not helpful.

Well said.

"Definitely not helpful."

Hello

I agree as well. I think it is a matter of etiquette. A listing for sale is not an invitiation for debate usually. What something is worth is what someone will pay!

Other areas of discussion in the forum usually are an invitiation for debate . It improves the discussion when meaningful differences, points of view, and facts are revealed, but I don't think every event that results in a twinge to respond produces a constructive meaningful addition to these on going conversations. In public we weigh what we say and edit out some things that cross our minds that don't contribute meaningfully, or that reveal how odd we may be, usually the latter!

R

Edited by richard

It does to me.

Definitely not helpful.

I agree with you.

I'm sure you know the instrument is perfectly good.

I also agree that "I" shold keep my opinion to myself, and "you" should not. I also agree with you, that if saving $60 is worthy to you, losing $270 is not. (which would be the case in buying used Rochelle and getting yourself rid off upgrade program from Concertina Connection).

I am so freaking morally rotten.

But if I do think asking price is a bit too high, should I keep quiet or lie?

Obviously not helpful.

I may be out of date with my information though. I'm very surprized at prices in Ireland.

Why would people even bother?

"But if I do think asking price is a bit too high, should I keep quiet or lie? "

Since you offer....What is the least you would accept to do that.

R

In the parts of my abode, with Bob Tedrow, The Button Box, Smythe Accordions and directly Concertina Connection offer new Rochelles at $330, I personally would bother to buy used at $200 max, if ever. A good price or used Jackie or Jack would be $170 -ish, but Anglo is probably more popular. Any saving of the size of tank of gas for an instrument is not worthy talking about. It's not dinner at a restorant, it's an instrument to stick with. If you have your Rochelle for 2-3 years, then upgrade, it's appx 0.3 cents a day. Having saved $60 on a purchase, it's 0.25 cents a day, but with no upgrade.

If you kept your Rochelle only for one year, it's respectively 0.9 and 0.7 cents a day.

Mesuring it's therapeutic effect against medical bills lowers the cost per day even more.

So practically if one is so poor that Rochelle is an investment, saving one cent a day will bring brand new instrument in only one year, plus some nice bottle of Coppola to selebrate the arrival. And I say, live big, save 10 cents a day!

"But if I do think asking price is a bit too high, should I keep quiet or lie? "

R

In the parts of my abode, with Bob Tedrow, The Button Box, Smythe Accordions and directly Concertina Connection offer new Rochelles at $330, I personally would bother to buy used at $200 max, if ever. A good price or used Jackie or Jack would be $170 -ish, but Anglo is probably more popular. Any saving of the size of tank of gas for an instrument is not worthy talking about. It's not dinner at a restorant, it's an instrument to stick with. If you have your Rochelle for 2-3 years, then upgrade, it's appx 0.3 cents a day. Having saved $60 on a purchase, it's 0.25 cents a day, but with no upgrade.

If you kept your Rochelle only for one year, it's respectively 0.9 and 0.7 cents a day.

Mesuring it's therapeutic effect against medical bills lowers the cost per day even more.

So practically if one is so poor that Rochelle is an investment, saving one cent a day will bring brand new instrument in only one year, plus some nice bottle of Coppola to selebrate the arrival. And I say, live big, save 10 cents a day!

Once again this is just one more of your negative opinions, which is most inappropriate in the Buy and Sell Forum.

The point is m3838, it is not your sale so why should you poke your nose in, unless of course you wish to buy the instrument and if this is the case simply make an offer and be done.

It is very selfish of you to hijack this thread.

Edited by tony

R

Once again this is just one more of your negative opinions, which is most inappropriate in the Buy and Sell Forum.

The point is m3838, it is not your sale so why should you poke your nose in, unless of course you wish to buy the instrument and if this is the case simply make an offer and be done.

It is very selfish of you to hijack this thread.

Tony, why is it your business, but not mine?

So, in your opinion, if I wanted to buy it for less, and worked up such a brilliant campagne, it's OK? I simply suggested that the price may be a bit high and explained why. All who joined in, including you, contributed to thread been hijacked, is it not?

Really I can't care less about some sale been successful, if the price is too high. For each such sale there is one customer. Ask Bear.

Someone sold him a Hohner. And to your logic, if I knew about it, I should keep my nose up "my" butt. You wish.

Actually I made a typo. I meant 0.9 dollars a day, not cents. Sorry about that.

Still, only 1 saved dollar a day will bring you brand new instrument in less than a year.

With good incentives.

By all means, sell and buy for whatever you want, but don't expect it to be sacred.

Not happy? - don't join in. Having said that, by all means, please join in.

I bought a Rochelle and played it for about a month while I was waiting for my Norman to arrive. It's a very serviceable little instrument and great to learn on. It is in like-new condition. $275.00 plus shipping. I can send photos if you'd like.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

if you upload pictures you may get this back on track and people can take their debate elsewhere. Good luck.

I bought a Rochelle and played it for about a month while I was waiting for my Norman to arrive. It's a very serviceable little instrument and great to learn on. It is in like-new condition. $275.00 plus shipping. I can send photos if you'd like.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

if you upload pictures you may get this back on track and people can take their debate elsewhere. Good luck.

Hi Lisa,

Hi Lisa,

Just an observation for any potential buyers with regard to the Concertina Connection upgrade program.

I don't know what criteria Wim uses for deciding which Rochelles do and don't qualify for the upgrade deal - e.g. whether you have to be the original purchaser or not, but at worst you are only potentially losing out on an upgrade discount if you decide to purchase another Concertina Connection instrument. I have tried a couple of their more expensive Anglos and they are excellent instruments, yet for my personal wants a Norman was preferable - so I had no opportunity to take advantage of the upgrade discount with my Rochelle. The posts by m3838 also seem to imply that if you don't benefit from Wim's upgrade program you will lose all your money, and yet by his own admission you can re-sell the Rochelle later for at least $200 so the only real "risk" is at most $75.

Also FYI the Button Box is selling one used at the moment for $300.

Edited by Woody

Exactly! Woody.

I had the opportunity to purchase a D/G Norman, which is the preferred key for Morris music. The Norman I had tried a few years back was soooooo nice! It was listed at a good price and the seller allowed me to pay over time, for which I will be eternally greatful. I think Homewood and Button Box and Wim all have outstanding instruments and the trade in option is great. But I HAD to HAVE that Norman!

The posts by m3838 also seem to imply that if you don't benefit from Wim's upgrade program you will lose all your money, and yet by his own admission you can re-sell the Rochelle later for at least $200 so the only real "risk" is at most $75.

Yes, you are right. So forget the trade-in program. (yes, you have to be original buyer).

What's left of my argument, is going prices from real buys, not bold lables.

Also FYI the Button Box is selling one used at the moment for $300.

Which means I'm out of date completely, or the Button Box' one will be for sale for quite a while, untill inflation will make $300 sound like a steal.

When it will be sold at asking price, then it'll mean something. Namely, that new Rochelles will be sold at some $400 plus, if Wim will still be in business.