Free Music Cd Download

Alan Day

Dear all,

Thanks to my son`s very hard work and just a little from me,I have a new site which shows my concertinas and gives you thirteen individual tunes to listen to or download the lot as a CD.The tunes are probably the ones I would play at your session and include some of my all time favourites.At some future time I may add a few tunes to this lot ,but it is more than enough for some of you who have kindly asked me to do some.The tunes are recorded on a standard computer mike and have not been double tracked or altered in any way.I do hope you enjoy them.

Al

www.filmsonglass.co.uk/concertina-index.htm

or click on my name and then home page

Hello Alan,

I have just been on your site, downloading the music and listening to it. You are to be congratulated, not only for you wonderful musicianship, but for your generosity it sharing it with all of us. You have set an example for us all and demonstrated a wonderful way for us to share the many types of music that can be played on this crazy instrument.

WELL DONE!

Alan

This is great in many ways!

- This is what I had in mind in a previous discussion about exchanging tunes (initiated by Joachim Delp).

- It's very nice playing and I (or the most of us?) can learn a lot from your playing.

- It sets an example for all of us to place our tunes on the internet, so we can hear, learn and ask questions about the tunes.

So friends, let's play and record and upload our tunes! Do not bother too much about your level. You can learn from (some of) us and/or we can from you. It's a win-win situation and it's fun too!

Thanks again Alan!

Henk

Hats off to Alan :D

Where does the man find the time?

I much appreciate hearing others playing their instruments, BUT you will have quite a wait before you will hear mine :lol:

Lets hear it for Alan

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!

Sharron

Edited by Sharron

Daniekl and henk,

you have said, wghat I wouyld ike to have saud.

In this place also remember Mr. Bernet and Aklex C. Jones, cooperating with Note sheets tio Alan's Tiutor tapoe and the CD in "C".

Thank Alan.

Henk,

I shalll come back to my iuntiatial thread and prpoosal and shall try to develo it rther with your and others colaboractyion.

Thank you for your intitiative about this forum.

I would invite also beginners to play and tell us how they are ñlearning and where they foiind difficulties. We all can learn.

Cordiallyu

Joachim Delp

Sharron,

also risking to be indiscrete,

why will you make wait our friends so long.

Your CD'¡s are very,. biut very enjoyable.

The more I am listening to your palyiung, the mroe I like it.

And I am starting to play along with you.

Regards

Joachim

Please Joachim don't tell me you didn't get the track listings I sent you. They are not me playing...........oh if only it was :rolleyes:

If you haven't I will resend them.

I must have been famous for a short while and didn't even know it :lol:

Sharron

Alan (and y'all):

First off, I would like to thank you publicly for all of your writings and playing. Over the past year or so since I started playing this wonderful instrument you have been an inspiration to me personally and I have learned a lot from your experiences and performances. You're a true enthusiast, wonderful performer and excellent educator and are much appreciated by at least one (if not all) reader(s) of these electronic concertina chronicles.

Now (and maybe I should have posted this in the tech forum)......

Thanks for this wonderful selection of tunes that I just downloaded.

A question (and probably something I already know but this Saturday morning the brain cells are taking a holiday).

When I downloaded the files for your "CD" I either get Realplayer files (when I downloaded one at a time) or a collection of Quicktime MP3 files (when I download as a collection).

I am guessing that if I burn these to a CD-R, I will not be able to play the CD, correct (?) since the software necessary for these files will not work this way and also, MP3 files will not play on a CD (or am I wrong about this?).

I guess it would be easy enough to try this, but I'd rather have the information on the correct copying method.

Anyway, basically the question is, how do I take these files and put them on a CD-R (I do have a burner) so I can have this available on a listenable, portable disc?

Am I forgetting something very elementary?

Thanks and I look forward to the next volume in addition to any help.!!!!

Best,

Perry Werner

Hallo All,

I cannot express how pleased I am with your response and wonderful comments with regards to the music.I was very nervous after posting and wondered what the response would be but your appreciation has made it all worthwhile.

Perry in answer to your computer question I can honestly say I do not know ,Jeremy my son is the computer King and I have only just learnt to switch it on.If your quiery has not been answered by Monday morning Jeremy will let you know what to do.I think you will find that it has been compressed for speed of download.

Please do not isolate me as the only person to submit music,I am hoping you all will follow.Wouldn`t it be nice to have loads of music to download and that means you beginners as well.Everybody must have something interesting for us to hear,I can assure you that nobody will criticise any playing on this site we are all friends here.

Regards

Al

Edited by Alan Day

Hello Perry,

There are programs that decode mp3 files to wav files. These can then be burned to a CD that will be playable on your CD player. There are some very acceptable mp3 to wav decoders available on-line, some is shareware and others are quite inexpensive.

regards,

Dan

I am guessing that if I burn these to a CD-R, I will not be able to play the CD, correct (?) since the software necessary for these files will not work this way and also, MP3 files will not play on a CD (or am I wrong about this?).

Hi,

I'm Alan's son, Jeremy.

I was just reading the feedback about Alan's new site and came accross Perry's post about burning the MP3's to CDR.

You should be able to burn them as is and they will play. (I haven't come accross a CD player that won't yet) Although if it's quite an old CD player I suppose it may not.

Please let me know if there are problems and I will post the solution.

Glad you all seem to like Alan's site. It's still a bit basic at the moment but I am sure that we will add to it and refine it as time goes on.

Also, if there is something you feel is missing or wrong, please let Alan know.

Thanks!

Jez.

Hi Jez:

I just attempted to burn both the mp.3's and the Realplayer files to 2 different CD's.

This turned them to CD-ROM's (I think) which were playable in my computer which opened the appropriate program (Quicktime and Realplayer) with which the files were evidenlty saved.

They did NOT play in my regular CD player.

I'm not sure how you are getting them to work but I'm not.

Maybe one of the other programs mentioned earlier will work, otherwise I guess I can enjoy these while working on my computer, unless of course, I decide to break down and purchase an iPod!

Best,

Perry Werner

Perry,

What program are you using to burn? Are you telling it to burn as a music CD or just as straight data - this will make a difference.

Cheers

Morgana :)

If you put "mp3 to wav" into download.com or tucows.com you will find something that will do the job of converting your mp3s into wav files your CD player will play. You may find something with a 30 day free period and can do this job for nothing.

When you have the files converted to .wavs, choose "music CD" in your burner programme.

regs

Chris

They did NOT play in my regular CD player.

Hi Perry,

You may have come accross something that I had forgotten about.

Sometimes with older CD players (it may not be just older CD players, it may be newer ones too) they won't play a burned disc very well.

The CD player in my car hates burned music. Some it plays reluctantly, some it plays not at all. I find if I wait long enough the CD usually plays (though some CD players just spin up then give up, the car one keeps hunting for tracks until you stop it)

Do you have another player in which to test the disc?

Jez.

• 4 weeks later...