New Year Demo

They cheered me up! I like the schottisch swing.

I played along to the Navy Lark on C/G anglo and found myself going into Galopede after it finished

Just for those benighted souls who are wonderinghuh.gif here it is in its natural habitat

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ndyipaaQaNQ

it's C on the Radio clip ( in G on Ralph's with just that c#)

Tune by Tommy Reilly on chromatic (with a slide) Harmonica plus James Moody = Trade Wind Hornpipe

http://www.whirligig...io/navylark.htm

By the way iI was just listening to some South African Boer Music and they call a schottisch a settee I think

Just the job for dancing when you're snowed in like me, settee or sofa and a concertina and look at the snow

Edited by michael sam wild

Very pleasant indeed Ralphie; swings along smoothly in a lovely relaxed way.

I liked the doubled chords and the trill at the end, so, in the best folk style will see if i can steal the technique when I sit down this morning...

I'm only doing these as it's too damn cold to leave the house!

I agree; I walked 10 miles, yesterday, in snow up to 6 inches deep. It took me 5 hours to thaw out, when I got home! :(

http://www.geograph....k/photo/1651448

Hey, Peter what about some tunes from you then?

Are you going to come around to record me? If so, I'll have to remember where I left the concertina. :unsure:

I'm only doing these as it's too damn cold to leave the house!

I agree; I walked 10 miles, yesterday, in snow up to 6 inches deep. It took me 5 hours to thaw out, when I got home! :(

http://www.geograph....k/photo/1651448

Hey, Peter what about some tunes from you then?

Are you going to come around to record me? If so, I'll have to remember where I left the concertina. :unsure:

After the trouble I had getting to yours for the workshop with a full train service operating and good weather...erm...no. ;) (have you not got that new computer sorted yet?)

Where did you put it last? Surely there's not many places to look?

I guess you folks aren't kidding...

FrozenBrits.jpg

My young Grandaughter Olivia (6) said when she saw that on TV last night, 'Grandad why does it only snow on the land and not the sea?' Had me puzzled for a while, ain't they cute!

Answers on a postcard please to BluePeter kids' TV

Her brother Eddie (4) said the fish eat it!

Edited by michael sam wild

FrozenBrits.jpg

No kidding involved!! It started snowing again this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't buy any snowshoes, crampons, or ski-ing poles before it started (or cat litter, expensive salt etc) .... so am feeling marooned in the middle of town at the moment! :(

Doh!:unsure: Just looked a bit closer its got one of those dots with a like through like its bee shot through the head with an arrow. Grrrr....that's me stuck then. I'll stick to the melodeon.

I'm still trying to work out what you meant about bees being shot through the head with arrows Sarah !! Care to explain?? :blink:

Doh!:unsure: Just looked a bit closer its got one of those dots with a like through like its bee shot through the head with an arrow. Grrrr....that's me stuck then. I'll stick to the melodeon.

I'm still trying to work out what you meant about bees being shot through the head with arrows Sarah !! Care to explain?? :blink:

On all days apart from 14th February, we might know them as ledger lines ..... I think.

FrozenBrits.jpg

No kidding involved!! It started snowing again this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't buy any snowshoes, crampons, or ski-ing poles before it started (or cat litter, expensive salt etc) .... so am feeling marooned in the middle of town at the moment! :(

Could be worse; you might have been stuck at the railway station!

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1652152

On all days apart from 14th February, we might know them as ledger lines ..... I think.

Ah, hang about, I think I might have sussed it.... letters missing and mis-typed, I reckon. Could this be "one of those dots with a line through like its been shot through the head" ?? In which case it could be a middle C (or similar) ... and could it be a semibreve??? Just a thought...

Ah, hang about, I think I might have sussed it.... letters missing and mis-typed, I reckon. Could this be "one of those dots with a line through like its been shot through the head" ?? In which case it could be a middle C (or similar) ... and could it be a semibreve??? Just a thought...

Semibreve ? Is that a short gasp of air?

Al :blink:

Hi all.

I think I've used up my quota of bits to upload stuff, but, if you go to the "OMNVOICE" website. search for my page. Theres a new tune sitting there and waiting to be listened to!

Appropriately named Yrsno (Whirling Snow!) by Mats Eden.

It was strange recording it, while looking out of the window and seeing exactly that!

Enjoy

Ralphie

Edited by Ralph Jordan