Ralph Jordan Music

VIN

I have just come across a tune played on concertina on a YouTube tribute to Ralph Jordan, i think you will find it if you copy and past the link below, im hoping some one can let me know what the tune is, many thanks, Vin

THANKS, RALPH JORDAN - YouTube

Which of the tunes were you actually after Vin? Bart de Cock, a friend of Ralphie's constructed that video from a selection of pieces that were played by Ralphie, mostly from his CD "Eloise" and gleaned a number of the photographs from Facebook friends (mostly - and quite a few of them are ones that I took ).

As Mitch correctly said the first tune is Tommy Reilly's Tradewind Hornpipe ... The second tune is actually a live recording of one which was composed by Ralph - known originally as Ralph's Number One tune, played with Jo Freya and Fi Fraser at a Farnham Folk Day but later, with some slight modifications, the tune was given the name "Fairlop", which was a tune used by a Molly Dancing side known as Paddington Pandemonic Express, for whom he played. Third tune - The Obvious Jig, written by Nigel Chippindale, who Ralphie used to play with in the band Eric;Fourth tune ; Ralph's recreatioin of "Hopscotch" by Alexander Prince (with Gareth Kiddier accompanying on piano); then finishing the video off, "Wals Por Polle" by Wim Poesen;

Feeling quite wistful after watching and listening to that again. It seems impossible that it is now three and a half years or more since Ralphie died. I was only just now noodling on the concertina which he somehow dragooned me into buying and we went up to Liverpool together to collect.

As Blue Eyed Sailor said, it's a lovely little video. Bart did a really good job on it, and its good to see it popping up again as a reminder of Ralphie and his music. Thanks. :)

Edited by Irene S.

Which of the tunes were you actually after Vin? Bart de Cock, a friend of Ralphie's constructed that video from a selection of pieces that were played by Ralphie, mostly from his CD "Eloise" and gleaned a number of the photographs from Facebook friends (mostly - and quite a few of them are ones that I took ).

As Mitch correctly said the first tune is Tommy Reilly's Tradewind Hornpipe ... The second tune is actually a live recording of one which was composed by Ralph - known originally as Ralph's Number One tune, played with Jo Freya and Fi Fraser at a Farnham Folk Day but later, with some slight modifications, the tune was given the name "Fairlop", which was a tune used by a Molly Dancing side known as Paddington Pandemonic Express, for whom he played. Third tune - The Obvious Jig, written by Nigel Chippindale, who Ralphie used to play with in the band Eric;Fourth tune ; Ralph's recreatioin of "Hopscotch" by Alexander Prince (with Gareth Kiddier accompanying on piano); then finishing the video off, "Wals Por Polle" by Wim Poesen;

Feeling quite wistful after watching and listening to that again. It seems impossible that it is now three and a half years or more since Ralphie died. I was only just now noodling on the concertina which he somehow dragooned me into buying and we went up to Liverpool together to collect.

As Blue Eyed Sailor said, it's a lovely little video. Bart did a really good job on it, and its good to see it popping up again as a reminder of Ralphie and his music. Thanks. :)

it was actually the very first tune, Tradewind hornpipe, i Probably should have made it clear from the start sorry about that but it is nice to see that people on the forum will all always take the time to help when you ask, thank you.