Images Of Tedrow Miniature Concertina

• 2 weeks later...
Allowing the heel of the palm to be lower -- possibly even dropping slightly below the edge of smaller instruments“….
This saying reveals not being familiar with the anatomical and physiological circumstances involved in optimizing the situation.
I think I'm adequately familiar with my own anatomical and physiological "circumstances".
If the “heel of the palm” is lower the wrist becomes (hyper) extended and the fingers have to flex more.
My own experience is that considerable bending back (is that what Göran means by "extension"?) of my wrists is possible without it becoming "hyper", or interfering with other aspects of my playing. In fact, I find a certain amount of it generally helpful.

For curiosity: ….“either of the miniatures”…is there another one than the one on page 76??
Yep. Page 3.

If one drops a brick on the toe it hurts…even if not believing in ‘ gravity’ ….just drop one….
No thanks. I assume you speak from experience, and I'll gladly take your word for it.

QUOTE (Jim Lucas)

I think I'm adequately familiar with my own anatomical and physiological "circumstances"

Since you have had your body dissected Jim...(how) did they manage getting all pieces back...? :-)

Curious...

• 6 months later...
  • 11 years later...

A.P James builds a small (miniature size) anglo: http://www.apjmusic.co.uk/apj_miniature_anglo.htm

I'm sure Bob Tedrow would talk to you about his miniature: http://hmi.homewood.net/#Concertinas%20For%20Sale:

Colin and Rosalie Dipper occasionally build them.

Vintage miniature anglos are rare. Typically they cost in the $2000+ range and that may be unrestored.

Vintage english miniatures are uncommon but more frequently seen than anglos. $1500-$2000 is the rule.