Where is Waldo (Leo) ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent him a private e-mail the other day after posting the above. I included a link to this thread. I have heard nothing. I know nothing about him but what it says on his profile page: that he is 60 years old and lives in Western Pennsylvania. Anybody know anyone who knows more? I don't have a good feeling about this...

....well, I did get accepted as "a friend" by Leo, no message. So, maybe he is away on an extended sabbatical. I sincerely hope so. I think we were all sort of worrying....I surely enjoyed and appreciated his weekly "picks"; that was my Friday evening entertainment. Let's hope we hear some astounding tales of concertina heroism at the end of September from Leo. Michelle

....well, I did get accepted as "a friend" by Leo, no message. So, maybe he is away on an extended sabbatical. I sincerely hope so.

Sorry Michelle, but I think you will find that that is an automatic action on the part of the software. As soon as you apply to be someone's friend you are automatically accepted. (I just tried that, and got an instantaneous message. I doubt very much that Leo was anywhere near it.) If you look at his membership record it still shows that he has not been active on C.net since 2 May. :(

[

Sorry Michelle, but I think you will find that that is an automatic action on the part of the software. As soon as you apply to be someone's friend you are automatically accepted. (I just tried that, and got an instantaneous message. I doubt very much that Leo was anywhere near it.) If you look at his membership record it still shows that he has not been active on C.net since 2 May. :(

......oooohhhhh....... :( I guess I was reading too much into it... michelle

In the meanwhile, are there any pinch hitters out there who could jump in as substitutes and continue Leo's wonderful work, at least until we know his status? I, too, really miss his weekly postings.

I know how to search YouTube, but don't know how he restricted it to just the past week's postings - maybe a special searchbot or third party app of some sort?

Gary

I was thinking of "stay calm, it might be a vacation", but it is getting longer, so i do not know what to think.

Meanwhile, I have had some free time today, and spent part of it finding these clips.

Sorry i have not had time to give full notes

regards

John Wild

concertina+harmonica, the tune is an Irish reel called "Rolling in the Rye Grass

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iiN6imihSoM

Laughing Lena with her wheezing concertina

38-key Ab/Eb Jeffries concertina.

Reels, Sally gardens, the morning star

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wl3i4ldKzZE

- more dance than concertina

TMA staff (Jackie Small, accordion ; Lisa Shields, concertina ; Ian Lynch, pipes ; Brian Doyle, banjo ; Nicholas Carolan, fiddle ; Danny Diamond, fiddle). Recorded in the Irish Traditional Music Archive, Dublin, 13 June 2012 for National Music Day 2012.

The Sligo maid, The woman of the house, The swallow's tail, reels

Banish misfortune, The cook in the kitchen, jigs

The humours of Ennistymon, The cliffs of Moher, Out on the ocean, jigs

The wandering minstrel ; Fasten the leg on her, jigs

Hammersmith flyover

Nicholas Carolan, fiddle ; Jackie Small, pipes ; Lisa Shields, concertina. Recorded in the Irish Traditional Music Archive, Dublin, 13 June 2012 for National Music Day 2012

The blackbird, The flowers of Edinburgh, hornpipes

The Connaught heifers, Seán Reid's favourite, reels

Jeff Warner

Swaledale 2012

Edited by John Wild

So there really is no way of finding out what leo's up to? He's been 'here' for quite some time now and we've had various PM conversations. I'd include him in the inner circle of my Cnet friends so it's frustrating to suspect something's wrong and not do anything about it.

I know he has mentioned a son, but there'd be no way of getting hold of him either.

I hope Leo's just gone fishing or something...

So there really is no way of finding out what leo's up to? He's been 'here' for quite some time now and we've had various PM conversations. I'd include him in the inner circle of my Cnet friends so it's frustrating to suspect something's wrong and not do anything about it.

I know he has mentioned a son, but there'd be no way of getting hold of him either.

Don't we all. Do you have a real name for him Dirge? Any chance of tracking him down through musical contacts in his area of the States? I presume he must play out somewhere (or maybe not?)

Don't we all. Do you have a real name for him Dirge? Any chance of tracking him down through musical contacts in his area of the States? I presume he must play out somewhere (or maybe not?)

He says he's from "western Pennsylvania" which is a pretty large area. I don't know what kind of a folk music scene there is there. I saw one other possible clue on his profile: his concertina "Morse Albion SN:364". It's conceivable that Button Box might be able to relay a message, assuming that he's ok and wants to be contacted.

Edited by Daniel Hersh