Edgley Heritage For Sale

HeatherGreer

EDGLEY 'HERITAGE' CONCERTINA FOR SALE. A 'Heritage' concertina for sale (located in Ireland). As Frank Edgley writes on his website of these instruments: "These are our top-of-the-line concertinas. These concertinas are made in the traditional way, with separate hardwood reedpans. The reeds are top quality traditional concertina reeds with steel tongues and brass reed shoes and are very similar to the reeds used by Wheatstone in the late 1800s and early 1900s ---the Golden Age of Concertinas.

This concertina has ebony ends with stainless steel end plates. As you'll see in the photos, I customised mine, fitting what I think are nice bellows papers to decorate it, and thicker, gilt-decorated leather handles, which in my opinion provides an easier grip. The instrument is a standard Wheatstone, except that I ordered it with two C# buttons: a push C# on the first button on the RHS top row, and a pull C# beside it; I like it that way, but they could easily be reversed if it's a Jeffreys layout you're after.

The concertina is in more or less perfect condition, and it plays sweetly and quickly.

I'm selling it reluctantly, because I do love it, but I have a genuine reason for selling it on - definitely NOT because I don't like it!

Email me (heather.cleggan@gmail.com) or phone +353-(0)95-44845 if you would like to discuss

post-11011-0-25207500-1480856371_thumb.jpg

post-11011-0-99027700-1480856377_thumb.jpg

post-11011-0-38652600-1480856379_thumb.jpg

post-11011-0-52980500-1480856380_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeatherGreer