2016 New England Folk Festival

Who will be attending this year's NEFFA, in Mansfield, Massachusetts, April 15-17, 2016?

Saturday I’ll be playing for 1/2 Moon Sword at 4, then singing Vintage Concertina Songs at 6:00 room 177 in the High School.

See you there?

Unfortunately, no. I'll be in Sweden, on my way back to Denmark, where I'll be making last minute preparations for our own Scandinavian Squeeze-In the following weekend.

But please give my regards to anyone who remembers me. :)

• 1 year later...

I'll be there for the day on Sunday (tomorrow), performing with Pokingbrook Morris from 2 to 3, and looking for opportunities to jam the rest of the day.

2016? What about 2017? I'm surprised that I can't find any mention here of this year's NEFFA, and it's this coming weekend(April 21-23).

I'm also surprised that I can't seem to find any Morris or sword dancing -- nor anythng outdoors -- listed on the festival program grid. Surely they haven't dropped them from this year's program?

David? Jody? Will you guys be there? I won't be (I'll be in Stockholm), but a Danish friend (and new concertina player) will be in the Boston area, and I'm recommending that she go to the festival. I was hoping that she could see the Morris and sword (among other things) and maybe convey my regards to some old friends.

Just looked at the 2017 schedule and Morris and Sword dancing listed by the main entrance listed every hour from 10am until 6pm on Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.

I haven't been to the NEFFA festival for about 20 years now, and then it was held in Natick. (and I worked in, and lived in/near Mansfield then!, go figure.)

I wasn't a concertina player at that time. We went for contra dances, Scandinavian dances, Cajun dances, and piano workshops. and...and...and..!!!

Was really a great festival, and looking at the schedule it still is! I wish we could get there, but we haven't lived within a thousand miles for last couple of decades now.

Anybody and EVERYBODY who is able to get there this weekend should plan on being there every day - and all day - if they can. Well worth it.

Edited by Tradewinds Ted

No NEFFA for me this year, but several of my old morris teams will be performing outdoors, mostly on Sunday. Always a great festival. While I'm not there, three of my Sheffield (UK) friends ARE -- the contra dance band Minor Contravention. Do check them out if you're there (and give them a big hello from Will back in Sheffield if you want to surprise / confuse them!).

What I really want to know, since this thread has been brought back, is whether JDMS made it to Jody's concert last year :lol:

Just looked at the 2017 schedule and Morris and Sword dancing listed by the main entrance listed every hour from 10am until 6pm on Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.

Thanks, Ted. That was the kick I needed. I went back to the page with links to all the different versions of the schedule and looked at a different version. It hadn't occurred to me that they wouldn't all have the same information. The PDF version, which is what I was looking at, is totally blank for all times at the main entrance. The "One-Page" grids do have the Morris and sword.

Sorry, I haven’t looked at concertina.net in a couple weeks. Pokingbrook is performing between 3 and 4 tomorrow (Sunday). I’m driving out there in the morning and making a day-trip of it. I’ll probably just hang out in the jamming locations the rest of the time.