Recorded Tune Link Page.

Umm, hi, I noticed that the recording by Alan Day labeled "Mario Brothers" is actually Tetris.

~Terra

After a Christmas Weekend of listening to me Nephew playing on his Super Mario Brothers game the tune stuck in my head and our group GIGCB tried it for Circassion Circle and was fantastic for this dance.It was after it was posted on Henk's site that the real name of the tune was pointed out to me by a number of musicians. The tune is an exact copy of that issued by the computer game manufacturers. If it has caused writer to spin in his grave or upset you I suggest you take this up with the manufacturers.

Al

Tetris - Shmetris.

It's a Russian folk song, called "Korobushka", or "Travelling Peddler". A dirty song about a Peddler (good thing he's not Jewish) offering goods to a village girl in exchange for out of wedlock sex at night in the field of rye.

Here's a pop version by four hor..., I mean, by Bond

(You may skip the intro and go right to the second half of the clip.)

And

more like it, with the last verse omitted

For mazochistically inclined,

version

More to the feel is

one.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, hi, I noticed that the recording by Alan Day labeled "Mario Brothers" is actually Tetris.

~Terra

After a Christmas Weekend of listening to me Nephew playing on his Super Mario Brothers game the tune stuck in my head and our group GIGCB tried it for Circassion Circle and was fantastic for this dance.It was after it was posted on Henk's site that the real name of the tune was pointed out to me by a number of musicians. The tune is an exact copy of that issued by the computer game manufacturers. If it has caused writer to spin in his grave or upset you I suggest you take this up with the manufacturers.

Al

Tetris - Shmetris.

It's a Russian folk song, called "Korobushka", or "Travelling Peddler". A dirty song about a Peddler (good thing he's not Jewish) offering goods to a village girl in exchange for out of wedlock sex at night in the field of rye.

Here's a pop version by four hor..., I mean, by Bond

(You may skip the intro and go right to the second half of the clip.)

And

more like it, with the last verse omitted

For mazochistically inclined,

version

More to the feel is

one.

Korobushka was the name given to me for the tune.This was a long time after I recorded this for the Recorded Link Page with the only version of it I had heard,sadly on a computer game.Thanks for the Russian versions of the tune,perhaps with this intervention you may have stopped the writer spinning or would he be twirling?

Al

By the way, "Kalinka" is what you hear in the background on Tetris.

Also BTW, Hi all! I haven't been here in months as I've been busy with some home remodeling, helping my wife put the finishing touches on her latest album (it's in the hands of the mastering engineer now), and some electronics projects.

Edited by Theodore Kloba

Welcome back!

By the way, "Kalinka" is what you hear in the background on Tetris.

Also BTW, Hi all! I haven't been here in months as I've been busy with some home remodeling, helping my wife put the finishing touches on her latest album (it's in the hands of the mastering engineer now), and some electronics projects.

• 7 months later...

Just to inform you about the last update of the Recorded Tunes Links Page.

• Richard plays two Irish tunes on his Linota in a relaxed way
  • Mark Evans sings and plays "She moved through te Fair" in a superb way.

I just realize that I missed some tunes (a.o. from Danny). I will include them in the next update.

Edited by Henk van Aalten