Moving prized boxes safely & free around the country

Kautilya

The vegetable/diesel oil fraternity notify each other when they are travelling up and down UK in case someone needs an item picking up and delivering safely - or storing while someone has time to come and collect and sometimes they are relayed from person to person and it works wonderfully. They help each other with everything from TVs to twin prams........

Some on cnet sometimes offer to pop over to an ebay seller to test a potential purchase, or like Chris prepared to look at an auction preview but foiled by snowdrifts. So we are perhaps already alert to the possibilities. It might be worth thinking about the relay system here. I have had box from Martyn White hand carried to me by someone from London who happened to be visiting him -- that was serendipity of course. It can avoid the cost and worries of the post and the couriers.

Might also work for US tho distances can be so great.

So - From time to time I travel up and down from Kings Cross via M1/M6 A50 Warrington, Preston and sometimes up to Ambleside and Langdales and less often to North Wales via Brum(M54 and A5 or Liverpool via tunnel/or Widnes Bridge then bypass Chester for A55 Coast Rd and or A5 Bethesda/Bangor/Anglesey ... if anyone needs... :) :)

here's how veggie cross country relay operates:

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68

...an excellent idea Kautilya; 'tho here in the US, Greg might have to set-up a permanent depot below his little mountain retreat; and ButtonBox would probably need a "carry out" window on the side of their store???? Fortunately, concertinas are a little more tranportable than some of the stuff I saw on your link: boilers and stainless steel tanks! :P

Edited by shelly0312