Anglo Top - English Flop ?

nils

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOLKS: nothing like one of my replies to end a conversation. . . . . . .oh well. . . . it was beginning to "wander" a bit............

Sorry, Allan. I've been busily trying to make the acquaintance of the "well-bred young lad[ies]" at "Address A.B. 9, Stanley-gardens, Kensignton-park." ;)

Oh no, not anglo vs english again!

:P

I think EC is a wonderful instrument. I'm a newbie on concertina, and from the beginning I wanted an anglo because "everyone" said that it was best for Irish music. But I found a cheap used EC and started learning, and now I think it is so handy (it's great not having to think about if I have to push or pull!) that I would never change it for an anglo. I can't see any reason why the EC wouldn't be suitable for Irish music.

But, I didn't want to sound like a "my dad's better than your dad"- person, I just wanted to say that I hear of English concertinas here and there just as much as I hear of anglo concertinas and I don't think it's dying out. But, there seems to be some kind of attitude towards English concertinas, that "you can't play this or that on an English" and I don't like that. The EC is a great little instrument that can play most stuff.

Oh no, not anglo vs english again!

:P

I think EC is a wonderful instrument. I'm a newbie on concertina, and from the beginning I wanted an anglo because "everyone" said that it was best for Irish music. But I found a cheap used EC and started learning, and now I think it is so handy (it's great not having to think about if I have to push or pull!) that I would never change it for an anglo. I can't see any reason why the EC wouldn't be suitable for Irish music.

But, I didn't want to sound like a "my dad's better than your dad"- person, I just wanted to say that I hear of English concertinas here and there just as much as I hear of anglo concertinas and I don't think it's dying out. But, there seems to be some kind of attitude towards English concertinas, that "you can't play this or that on an English" and I don't like that. The EC is a great little instrument that can play most stuff.

If I can do my job properly(English International) I am hoping to prove you right.

Al