Wheatstone Hayden Duet And Dipper Miniature Anglo Fs

Sqz

With considerable regret, need to sell these two instruments. Duet is full-sized; anglo is 3-7/8" across flats. Little played, and stored carefully for some time - playable now but need exercise.

Prefer to sell in person if at all possible, or via reliable intermediary. Location: Boston, MA USA. Please message privately for any required information. Advice on current pricing will be much appreciated. If sold to or through anyone ehere, will donate appropriately to site management.

Thanks in advance for your interest. May the music continue forever!

post-12550-0-16828900-1497390005_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-76727800-1497390005_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-12137500-1497390006_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-49773000-1497390006_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-91031300-1497390006_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-60107700-1497390007_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-06990400-1497390008_thumb.jpgpost-12550-0-53715100-1497390008_thumb.jpg

The Hayden looks wonderful!

AFAICT 55 buttons plus air, RHS going from B3 up to D6 (middle C being C4) and the LHS going from B2 up to A4. Overlap being from B3 to A4. Bb becomes an easy-peasy key in this layout.

Given that a 46 button Wakker H-1 is priced at $5875 plus a 2+ year wait list, this ought to be worth more than that.

I never buy lottery tickets, but maybe tomorrow...

15-Jun-2017 Correction due to inventor: RHS going from Bb3 up to D6 (middle C being C4) and the LHS going from Bb2 up to A4.

Edited by Don Taylor

I am probably going to show my ignorance here, but is there a reason why on the Wheatstone, the LH button layout seems to be at a different angle to the hand rest, compared to the RH side?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

well there may be an optical illusion created by the slightly different camera position but ostensibly the angle is probably the same. Taking a straight line through the lowest row of buttons on each side, and ignoring the two buttons on each side that begin to form a further row closer to the hand rails... the angle looks pretty similar.. if opposite.

Nice Duet,... Shame I quit the Hayden.... mostly for the lack of an instrument like this ! Probably a once in a lifetime chance ... hmmmm? .

Edited by Geoff Wooff

I am probably going to show my ignorance here, but is there a reason why on the Wheatstone, the LH button layout seems to be at a different angle to the hand rest, compared to the RH side?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

well there may be an optical illusion created by the slightly different camera position but ostensibly the angle is probably the same. Taking a straight line through the lowest row of buttons on each side, and ignoring the two buttons on each side that begin to form a further row closer to the hand rails... the angle looks pretty similar.. if opposite.

Nice Duet,... Shame I quit the Hayden.... mostly for the lack of an instrument like this ! Probably a once in a lifetime chance ... hmmmm? .

Thanks Geoff, I can see that now! Should get those peepers checked...

Adrian

Edited by adrian brown

No problem Adrian,

those slanted Haydens look confusing until one's fingers hit the buttons .... it's mostly easy-peasy from then on... until one runs out of keyboard.

I wonder how much Sqz will want for it..... Get back to work Geoff..... ok ok!

Geoff.

...anglo is 3-7/8" across flats....

I'm not in the market for this instrument (unfortunately), but I'm fascinated by the little Anglo.

I've had a quick look at Randall Merris's article on miniature concerinas and can't see any reference

to Dipper Anglos which are 3-7/8" ax the flats (though I may have missed it).

http://www.concertina.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PICA09-2012.pdf

Does any knowledgeable person out there have a 'potted history' of these instruments? I'd love to

know more - it looks beautiful.

Thank you.

Roger

Later - edited to get the manufacturers name correct!! Thank you AH!

Edited by lachenal74693

I'm not in the market for this instrument (unfortunately), but I'm fascinated by the little Anglo.

I've had a quick look at Randall Merris's article on miniature concerinas and can't see any reference

to Wheatstone Anglos which are 3-7/8" ax the flats (though I may have missed it).

This one is a Dipper.

Regarding the compass of the Hayden. I make the lowest notes on each side Bb 3 RHS and Bb 2 LHS.

That is correct. And highest are B4 and D6.

Re button layout, the photos are pretty accurate. I don't know much about biomechanics, but both rows of buttons seem equally (and well) accessible to me. In fact, it's the easiest-to-hold concertina I've played.

A PM asked about size and weight: 7-1/4" across flats, and 1308g (approx. 2lb 14oz). Had some joint issues even way back when I ordered it, and asked for a fairly light instrument to avoid needing a neck strap.

Other questions, feel free to PM - I'll post any general-interest answers here.

Thanks!

Edited by Sqz

Regarding the compass of the Hayden ...

Oh, and this model does not come with a compass, All those steel reeds would throw off calibration anyway. I just hang a GPS from the wrist strap when playing and orienteering at the same time.

(Sorry; couldn't resist.)