Wheatstone Aeola Stolen In Oslo

On Sunday 28th May 2017 my 64-key Wheatstone Aeola, serial number 29688, was stolen in Oslo, Norway as I was packing the van with instruments and equipment after a gig. I dont think the thief had any idea what he was stealing and its difficult to know what hes going to do with it. But its possible that in time it will find its way into the concertina market.

Its a wonderful instrument, recently renovated by the wonderful Dippers. John Dippers mark and signature is on the inside of the new black bellows. It's in a wooden case that was specially made for me by equally wonderful Emmanuel Pariselle out of a old wine box. It says "Chateau La Louvière" on the front. Another distinguishing feature: the flat screw securing the wrist strap is missing (because it's in my pocket...) and replaced with a non-original screw.

If you come across it, or hear of others who do, please contact me. Email: burgvin@online.no or tel. +47 97790098

Thanks!

Richard Burgess

post-8628-0-69842100-1496155981_thumb.jpg

On Sunday 28th May 2017 my 64-key Wheatstone Aeola, serial number 29688, was stolen in Oslo, Norway as I was packing the van with instruments and equipment after a gig.

According to the ledgers, that's a metal-ended tenor-treble, yes?

• 2 weeks later...

The bellows ends (where the reed pan meets the bellows frame) appear to be deeper than average? I am no expert, I was simply trying to note any distinguishing external features. Is that normal for the larger TT's?

Edited by nicx66