Arthritic Hands

Kelteglow

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have little fish in tanks in a shop locally that are used to nibble dead skin off people's feet. ( not piranhas I hope )

I don't know what they use, but I get the same treatment from minnows when I go wading in the creek.

For free, too.
:D

They have little fish in tanks in a shop locally that are used to nibble dead skin off people's feet. ( not piranhas I hope )

I don't know what they use, but I get the same treatment from minnows when I go wading in the creek.

For free, too.
:D

Is that skinny dipping Jim?

Not yet, but I
am
dieting.
;)

That theremin performance was amazing!

What always occurs to me when people start talking about miking concertina or making midi concertinas, is the Theremin! True electronic music is so beautiful, why impede it with button arrangements and bellows directions!

The concertina is an acoustic instrument, that's why I like it. The Theremin is an electronic instrument, that's why I like it!

Cheers,

John

I also get occasional problems with my hands - hot hands, bit of throbbing, some finger pain and some joint pain - usually when I've been practicing both flute and concertina hard for a gig, plus spending a lot of time on the computer.

The best thing to help me is accupuncture! A few years ago, I was having accupuncture for my asthma... but was always asked about any other problems. At the time, I had a lot of arthritic pain in my thumb joint, which I mentioned. Needles were applied specifically for that, and the pain went away overning!

So, worth a try perhaps - I find accupunture super for all sorts of things.

Pamela

• 2 weeks later...

Third week of chiropractic and accupuncture.seems to be doing a lot of good, The joint is mobile but still pain , and he says the crepitus (scrunchiness) won't go away , but the ultasonic treatment may break down some bits?

I am doing a lot of swimming and working on crawl and backstroke and butterfly as well as I can. The main aim is to have a mobile joint and strengthen the muscles that i've avoided using. the pain killers can help.

I'm keeping off the corticosteroid injections.

He cricked my neck and back and said 'Trust me' I said 'I bet you tell that to all the chickens at Christmas!'

My daughter in law is a radiographer and she said I hope he doesn't burst your vertebral artery. That was encouraging !