2007 Tedrow Concertina Tour

I would like to invite Concertina.Net members to participate in the 2007 Tedrow Concertina Tour. Beginning in 2003 and again in 2005, I have prepared a Tedrow Concertina for a one year tour of the country.

2007 is approaching rapidly. Considering that the 2005 Tedrow Concertina tour failed to make it to all destinations before the end of the year, I have prepared early for the 2007 Tour.

This 2007 Touring Concertina is the prototype for the new model Standard Tedrow. It is a 30 button c/g Anglo; Jeffries tuned; 5 7/8" across the top; cut card olive green bellows; handcut Jeffries fretwork (no, still no laser cutter here in the shop); Gold finished bellows; 1/4" Delrin buttons; riveted action; Italian steel reeds; 2.4 lbs in weight

If you would like to participate in the 2007 Tour, email me for an application at hmi@scott.net

sincerely,

Bob Tedrow

Edited by Bob Tedrow

Bob--the boss says, "no pictures, yet?"

I say, sounds like a great idea, especially since recently I've seen posts from two other folks here in the Columbus area. I guess I'll send you an e-mail Monday, as we are getting ready to go to MI.

Alan

Just a thought. Could you send a G/D on tour one day?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Sure I can. I have considered a UK Tour for a g/d concertina. Last year I built a c/g to send over to Chris Algar and Pete M. of Hobgoblin. In order to avoid paying import duties, had to "deface" the instrument so that it was not suitable for retail sale. I tooled in 24 ct Gold "SAMPLE" and "UK TOUR" on the bellows.

The bitter pill I had to swallow; I was required to clearly write on the outside of the box "sample item of negligible value".

That particular concertina made it back to the shop and lives somewhere here in the US.

A tour is easy to manage here in the US, I can get UPS shipping/tracking numbers and I can easily call the tourists on the phone or recall the instrument if it needs love or attention.

I may seek an overseas accomplice/manager for an extended UK tour.

Any volunteers?

Edited by Bob Tedrow

Sure I can. I have considered a UK Tour for a g/d concertina.

Great!

The bitter pill I had to swallow; I was required to clearly write on the outside of the box "sample item of negligible value".

The unkindest cut. I had a good chance to give it a thorough play at last year's Arran do, and found it very rewarding.

Um, what would that involve?

Chris

Great!

The unkindest cut. I had a good chance to give it a thorough play at last year's Arran do, and found it very rewarding.

Um, what would that involve?

Chris

Not too much I think, just a phone call ahead to be sure the next tourist in line has not died while waiting his turn. Some assistance in arranging a logical geographic progress in the tour would be good. Ping ponging from one coast to another takes up someones playing time.

Bob

Just a thought. Could you send a G/D on tour one day?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Hi Bob and Chris,

I play CG, and have never played or even had my hands on a GD, so I'd love to take a look at this. How long does the 'tina normally stay with someone? I'd like it over a Thursday to take it along to our regular session, but a few days alone with it as well to get my head around the system would be nice. I'll be sure I take my Tedrow baritone along to the session as well, though most have already seen it.

So, please include me in the tour if it goes ahead :)

Hi Bob and Chris,

I play CG, and have never played or even had my hands on a GD, so I'd love to take a look at this. How long does the 'tina normally stay with someone? I'd like it over a Thursday to take it along to our regular session, but a few days alone with it as well to get my head around the system would be nice. I'll be sure I take my Tedrow baritone along to the session as well, though most have already seen it.

So, please include me in the tour if it goes ahead :)

I should think three or four days should be enough time to shake hands and get acquainted. That leaves a couple days for shipping. I try to manage one tourist/week.

Bob

Bob,

Send a c/g to chicago too - though I might not forward it ;)

Dan

we could make sure to get next in row, so we could just drive it to eachother. it would be a good chance to meet fellow concertina players in the area.

would that work bob? if 2 or more people were in the area and wanted to pass it off manually? i guess we would have to stick with the 4 day rule just to be fair.

Bob,

Send a c/g to chicago too - though I might not forward it ;)

Dan

we could make sure to get next in row, so we could just drive it to eachother. it would be a good chance to meet fellow concertina players in the area.

would that work bob? if 2 or more people were in the area and wanted to pass it off manually? i guess we would have to stick with the 4 day rule just to be fair.

Of course, that is fine. I encourage an entire welcome wagon at each destination.

Bob

Concertina is off to Colorado 10/23

First stop is Colorado Springs. I will post the city/area here as the concertina moves about the country.

Should you see your hometown listed and would like to visit with the concertina as it passes by, you can email me and I will forward your note to the current tourist.

I am still accepting applications.

Bob

Edited by Bob Tedrow