Congratulations Members!

Is there any way of finding out??

Sounds like we need another Poll, then!

This one should be easy; just two boxes required, "Are you still active?" "Yes" or "No" ......... or maybe just the one box. :unsure:

But seriously, you could run a Poll just asking people to vote if still active. Members can only vote once, and Guests can't vote. You then sit back and wait. If the recent Demographics Poll has told us anything, it suggests about 120 or so "regulars", but how many are "occasional", "lapsed", "lost interest", or sadly "no longer with us". I do think of this last group when their Birthdays show up; in some respects it's a sad, but nice, annual reminder.

Regards,

Peter.

Easy.............this is what we do.

Go out into the garden at 11 a.m. next Sunday morning and at EXACTLY 11 a.m. (U.K. time)Everybody plays "Speed the Plough" in the key of G.

If we have 3500 people playing, then it will probably make the news.

If the neighbours just shout at you, then we probably haven't.

Phil

Go out into the garden at 11 a.m. next Sunday morning and at EXACTLY 11 a.m. (U.K. time)Everybody plays "Speed the Plough" in the key of G.

Phil

that be fine in Great Britain where y'all have got a concertina player every cabbage, but here in Franklin County Ohio, where I know of maybe nine in a population of a million, not so much. Well at least my neighbors are dead, so they won't complain when I go out at o'dark hundred and make noise. Once again the joys of living next to a cemetery.

Alan

Congratulations all you squeezers, membership is now 3500!!

It would be interesting to know how many of this number are still active in this forum??

regards

Jake

So, let's do some counting, I thought. Sort members by Total Posts etc.

Guess what? That Ken is a cheat :angry: : there are only 3345 members!!

But having done the counting already, here the results:

1395 members who never posted,

1211 members with less than 5 posts,

That leaves only 739 members with 5 or more. 22%.

(545 members with 10 or more, 390 with more than 20 posts)

Phil

Let's see, that'd be about 6 a.m. for me, I think? But, no thanks. My neighbor does happen to have a large plough, and I'm afraid he might come and mow me right down! Heheh! :lol:

Phil

Problem...don't know the song...and would probably me behind everyone else...what about twinkle little star instead? plus 11am? Can't you make it after lunch?

Edited by LDT

Once again the joys of living next to a cemetery.

AMAZING.............There's another concertina player in the world that lives next to a cemetery.

Does that mean you live in the dead centre of Groeswen, Phil? :ph34r:

Chris

I bet Wheatstone heard this joke during his lifetime ;)

chris

Hi Peter,

I don´t know if a poll would be necessary to get to know that. Is it technically possible that Paul (the system administrator of this site) is enabled to make a file for each member to check per member when they were reading a topic the last time, how many posts they submitted and how many topic they started, let´s say per member in the last year? But maybe I should address Paul in stead of barking up the wrong tree.

Greets,

Marien

Sounds like we need another Poll, then!

This one should be easy; just two boxes required, "Are you still active?" "Yes" or "No" ......... or maybe just the one box. :unsure:

But seriously, you could run a Poll just asking people to vote if still active. Members can only vote once, and Guests can't vote. You then sit back and wait. If the recent Demographics Poll has told us anything, it suggests about 120 or so "regulars", but how many are "occasional", "lapsed", "lost interest", or sadly "no longer with us". I do think of this last group when their Birthdays show up; in some respects it's a sad, but nice, annual reminder.

Regards,

Peter.