Wheatstone Linota

Clinton Lofgren

I have gotten some unlikely encouragement not to sell the Linota. Sometimes it seems to me that my playing hasn't gone in the direction that I had wanted to go and because of that I lost interest in playing to a certain degree. I was thinking this concertina belonged in the hand of someone who could make better use of it than I could and that a lesser instrument would serve me just as well.I have been told it is the best sounding concertina I have had and that I was playing just fine by people I thought could care less.

I sent it out today to C&R Dipper to have the bellows repaired,new springs,and some valve work done on it.

Also I would like to make a comment about Paul Groff. He did an excellant job on the Linota to get it to sound as good as it does.I have alot of respect for him and his contribution to concertinas. He deserve better than he gets.

Clinton,

I suspect you won't regret this decision; you had me sorely tempted..............

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gotten some unlikely encouragement not to sell the Linota. Sometimes it seems to me that my playing hasn't gone in the direction that I had wanted to go and because of that I lost interest in playing to a certain degree. I was thinking this concertina belonged in the hand of someone who could make better use of it than I could and that a lesser instrument would serve me just as well.I have been told it is the best sounding concertina I have had and that I was playing just fine by people I thought could care less.

I sent it out today to C&R Dipper to have the bellows repaired,new springs,and some valve work done on it.

Also I would like to make a comment about Paul Groff. He did an excellant job on the Linota to get it to sound as good as it does.I have alot of respect for him and his contribution to concertinas. He deserve better than he gets.

Clinton,

I suspect you won't regret this decision; you had me sorely tempted..............

I have been out of touch for the last couple years. this is the first time I have been on this site in along time. I have been looking through some of the old listings and have noticed prices have gone way up.I was wondering if anyone would want estimate the value of this concertina now.

Well, Richard has been trying to sell a great 30-button Linota for six months on another thread and he's recently lowered his asking price to $7500. I've played Richard's instrument and it's one of the nicest concertinas I've played.

Daniel

Clinton,

I have been out of touch for the last couple years. this is the first time I have been on this site in along time. I have been looking through some of the old listings and have noticed prices have gone way up.I was wondering if anyone would want estimate the value of this concertina now.

While the jeffries duet suffering from asthmetic deseases, rust, old pitch etc. (sold last week on ebay) fetched more than that, there must be someone that will be happy to pay 7500 uncle sam dollars for a good 30b Wheatstone Linota anglo that may expected to be played `out of the box`.