Duet Baffle

When Ron Copper (of the Copper family) was teaching himself to play the English his wife objected to the noise, so he invented the trouser baffle. He put each of his arms up one leg of a pair of trousers (i.e. from the bottom not the top) and wrapped the concertina in the top of the trousers. This, apparently, worked well. I have to say, though, that I haven't yet seen any evidence of the trouser baffle ever being used on stage or in a session.

Chris

He must have closed the waist with a drawstring through the belt loops for enhanced sound containment, otherwise he'd have been able to access the concertina through the waist, rather than putting his arms up through the legs.

Aye, there's nowt so strange as concertina players, sithee.

Chris

Terrible accent Chris,

It's: theers nowt so queer as concertina folk sithi. to which I might respond: 'An that reet theer lad.

For our cousins from the various 'x' colonies, protectorates and off shore Balliwicks, Chris is trying to find his missing Yorkshire roots through miss pronouncing a Yorkshire dialect.

Dave

Youkshire

I had a teacher called Miss Pronouncing once. Ah, happy days ...

And a place where I worked renamed their IT/computer department "Management Information Systems", then began answering their phones "MIS Information Systems"... until I pointed out how that looked/sounded. :o