Usa Gig Tour /speakeasy

Lakeman

If you happen to want to venture out to California, I can help provide suggestions and possible contacts/venue ideas to keep you (hopefully) busy between Los Angeles and Mendocino.

California is WET! ; )

Also, might be able to give you some contacts on the East Coast who have contacts.

Best of luck,

ldp

• 1 month later...

Hello, Lakeman!

Howie Liefer in New York recommended I contact you. I am a clown looking to pick up a crane Duet. I tried a few concertinas and somehow I like it the most immediately.

my website is www.redbastard.com.

I saw your post and you might check out www.bowerypoetry.com. you might be able to book a gig there. I can't help with the payment, but the owner Bob might know more about how it works there and promoting.

The 20s and 30s Jazz sounds very interesting to me.

I am looking to find a Crane Duet to purchase. Since you play the instrument, do you know where others are to be found? It's interesting that they were apparently SO popular with the Salvation army, yet I dont' seem to find them anywhere. Chris at Barleycorn has some, but the exchange rate for the pound and the dollar is very bad right now.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Eric Davis

info@redbastard.com

Edited by daviseri

• 2 months later...
...Perhaps it is the intervention of St. Cecilia or the fact that I have a new purchasing director wise in these murky, twisted ways, but Speakeasy will perform at Framingham State College on our Spring Performance Series on April 11, 2005 at 1:30 p.m.

Did this happen? How did it go? Are they still in the country? I was hoping to get there (I was supposed to have a day off yesterday but they needed me to go in and work).

Sorry folks....Geoff had to cancel the tour. He tried very hard to make it work but the other club dates did not materialize for a number of reasons. While the college offered an nice fee (I am in a unique position with a supportive president who believes in supporting the arts), it was not enough to cover the costs of the trip.

Geoff was given the option of announcing to C. Net the cancellation but I realize now that I should have done that to cover my own concert series offering. Wendy knew because we were communicating off-net.

David I'm glad that you didn't come. It would have been very upsetting to have put you out that way. My appologies.

I hope in future Geoff will try again. Speakeasy is a wonderful group and we in New England are poorer for this tour not happening.

Edited by Mark Evans

I thought at the time Geoff wasn't leaving himself much time to organise the trip. I always left myself at least a year to do it. In that time you have a margin to cope with thechanges and cancellations that will occur and to build up contacts. I'm sorry it was cancelled too. May the next one be more successful.

Chris