Manor Royal March

Alan Day

My first and only attempt to post this tune.

Al

No luck I think I will take up fishing

If you would like to hear this tune Email me and I will send it.It is a quicker option

Edited by Alan Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mick Diles
My first and only attempt to post this tune.

Al

If you would like to hear this tune Email me and I will send it.It is a quicker option

Al,

I can upload, but can't hardly push the right buttons on my tina. So.. who is the lucky one :blink:

Al, you'd already edited this before I saw the thread. Whatever you were trying to do I can probably talk you through it. PM the details mate and I'll see what I can do; if you'd rather talk it through in person give me a call - if you've lost the numer I'll send it again.

Don't take up fishing it's too much of a lottery. T'was once a great passion of mine until I badly injured a fish I caught just for sport , despite my (imagined) skill. I haven't touched a rod since.

Take solace in the fact that no tunes were harmed in your experiment. :P

Pete

Al, you'd already edited this before I saw the thread. Whatever you were trying to do I can probably talk you through it. PM the details mate and I'll see what I can do; if you'd rather talk it through in person give me a call - if you've lost the numer I'll send it again.

Don't take up fishing it's too much of a lottery. T'was once a great passion of mine until I badly injured a fish I caught just for sport , despite my (imagined) skill. I haven't touched a rod since.

Take solace in the fact that no tunes were harmed in your experiment. :P

Pete

No problems now Pete I have found the way to do it,I send it to Leo.

Many thanks Leo

"You are a cleverer Man than I Gunga Din"

Al

For those of you who are interested,this was recorded on a Zoom H4 from about one metre away.

Al

Music plays well on my Window Media Player Could'nt hear the foot tap though ATB Bob

I kept my foot reasonably still during this recording. A problem I have had with all the recordings I have ever done.I now insist on a mat or put my coat on the floor and play with my shoes off.

No Chris I will not be doing this at the George. Where I go. The Troops go.

Al

There you go. Faster to do than to explain Even around the world a couple of times. It is a little large at 2.3MB though.

Thanks Alan

It's a nice listen to

Regard :D

Leo

To quote Shakespeare, "The dots, the dots, my kingdom for the dots!!"

Just listening to it now. Thanks to Leo for posting the MP3. Grand tune, thanks Alan.

Any chance of the tadpoles or an ABC?? from anybody??

regards

Jake

Just listening to it now. Thanks to Leo for posting the MP3. Grand tune, thanks Alan.

Hi Jake,

If I was a betting man, I'd say that the dots are still in the depths of Alan Day's head.....somewhere. ;)

If you talk nicely to David Barnert, he may be willing to work the notation into ABC for you (assuming Alan is in agreement, of course!!!!). :unsure: Then we run into the copyright problem, since it's Alan's tune........maybe I should quit whilst I'm still marginally ahead.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Jake,

If I was a betting man, I'd say that the dots are still in the depths of Alan Day's head.....somewhere. ;)

If you talk nicely to David Barnert, he may be willing to work the notation into ABC for you (assuming Alan is in agreement, of course!!!!). :unsure: Then we run into the copyright problem, since it's Alan's tune........maybe I should quit whilst I'm still marginally ahead.

Regards,

Peter.

Your bet wins Peter it is all in my head and I have no problem whatsoever with anyone writing out the dots,and Dave has served me well in the past in writing down my tunes,he is the master at it

and on giving me advice for improvements, which I welcome with open bellows..The base runs by the way are done with the little finger and ring finger.The tune is all played on the C row apart from the little twiddley bit at the end which can be ignored. I played it on my C Box for all of you who have CGs

"Tuneatron Tuneatron where for art thou Tuneatron"

Al

OK, here's the abc.

Same caveats as the tutor: It's hard for me to tell what's part of the tune, what's an intended ornament, and what's a fortuitous slip of the fingers, and it's never quite the same twice. So here's my best shot at the tune. I've left out the chords. It should be easy enough to come up with some that work. My solution is different from Alan's (read between the lines of Alan's earlier posts in the other thread). I've set the tempo to match the mp3 file as close as possible when played through the tune-o-tron converter.

X:1

T:Manor Royal March

C:Alan Day

M:12/8

Q:170

K:C

GA2B|cz2cz2B2cd2B|cz2e6c2d|ez2e2ed2ef2d|e6-e3g3|

f3e3d3e2f|e3d3c3d2e|d3c3B3c2e|d3g2ag2fe2d|

cz2cz2B2cd2B|cz2e6c2d|ez2eeed2ef2d|e6-e3g3|

f3e3d3e2f|e3d3c3G3|Af2-f2ed3-d2c|c6-c3|:B2c|

dz2dz2d2ef2d|ez2c6g2g|fz2f2fe2dc2e|dz2dddd3G3|

A3B3c3d3|e3f3g3e2c|Af2-f2ed3-d2c|c6-c3:|

Well done Dave.

I found this nifty way of transposing an ABC format tune ( Thanks, Tallship),

.......................so here it is in Gmaj

Robin

X: 1

M:12/8

Q:1/4=170

K:G

DE2F|Gz2Gz2F2GA2F|Gz2B6G2A|Bz2B2BA2Bc2A|B6-B3d3|

c3B3A3B2c|B3A3G3A2B|A3G3F3G2B|A3d2ed2cB2A|

Gz2Gz2F2GA2F|Gz2B6G2A|Bz2BBBA2Bc2A|B6-B3d3|

c3B3A3B2c|B3A3G3D3|Ec2-c2BA3-A2G|G6-G3|:F2G|

Az2Az2A2Bc2A|Bz2G6d2d|cz2c2cB2AG2B|Az2AAAA3D3|

E3F3G3A3|B3c3d3B2G|Ec2-c2BA3-A2G|G6-G3:|

Alan has forwarded another tune for publication. He assures me is the same one as above played as a reel.

ManorRoyal_Reel.mp3

With thanks to Henk van AAlten for his great help. From his suggestion Audacity is a great program for manipulating MP3 files.

Leo

Edited by Leo

Firstly, I love this tune............truly Alan, I think you will be the next Paul McCartney..........

However, when I listen to it , I hear it in 6/8 time not 4/4 time ie it's a slow reel.

I suppose it's a moot point really,but would you notate it in 4/4 with four sets of triplets per bar.Dave B. ?

Nonetheless, to me it has a great "traditonal " brass bandy feel about it.

Robin

I'm always a sucker for a new tune and I rather liked this one.

However, I could only hear a very strong 4/4 beat so here are the ABC's that I got!!

regards

Jake

M:4/4

Q:120

K:C

GA2B|c2c2 Bc dB|c2G4cd|e2e2 de fd|e6g2|

f2e2d2ef|e2d2c2de|d2c2B2c2|d2 g>a g>f e>d|

c2c2 Bc dB|c2G4 cd|e2(3eee de fd|e6g2|

f2e2d2ef| e2d2c2G2|Af3(3e/d/e/d2c|c4|]

|:Bc|d2d2de fd|e2c6|f2ff ed ce|d6G2|

A2B2c2d2|e2f2g2ec|Af3(3e/d/e/d2c|[1c4|[2(c4c4)|]

Edited to show repeats and alter some note lengths.

Edited by Jake

Following the Manor Royal March, here are the ABC's and a PDF for Alan's Manor Royal Reel,

Jake

T:Manor Royal Reel

M:4/4

L:1/8

Q:120

K:G

"D"(3DEF|"1""G"GG (3FGA G2 DD|"2""G"BB (3ABc "Bm"B4|"3""D7" cc (3ABc "G"BB (3GAB|"4""D7"AG FGA2(3DEF|

"5""G"GG (3FGA G2 DD|"6""G"BB (3ABc "Bm"B4|"7""D7" cc (3ABc "G"BB GD|"8""Am"Ec AF "G"G2 FG|

"9""D7"AA (3ABc "G"BB (3Bcd|"10""C"cc (3BAG "D7"A3 D|"11""Em"E>F G>A "G"B>c (3dBG |"12""Am"E>c A>F "G"G2 FG|

"13""D7"AA (3ABc "G"BB (3Bcd|"14""C"cc (3BAG "D7"A3 D|"15""Em"E>F G>A "G"B>c (3dBG|"16"[1"Am" E>c A>F "G"G3:|[2"Am" E>c A>F "G"G4||

Edited to include PDF - I hope!!

Edited by Jake