Wheatstone English Concertina For Sale

susannah franks

post-4393-1184623385_thumb.jpgpost-4393-1184622159_thumb.jpgpost-4393-1184621904_thumb.jpg[attachme

t=2797:attachment]Here are some more pictures as requested.post-4393-1184621128_thumb.jpgpost-4393-1184444712_thumb.jpgThis Wheatstone English concertina was my father's favourite. It was recently left to me (along with six others!) and as I do not play, feel it would be best to sell on to someone else who is as keen as he was.

The serial number is 25747 circa 1912. It is in concert pitch with 48 nickel keys and ends, 5 fold black leather bellows and in good condition with the original case.

As I have said, neither myself or my husband play the concertina but we both play the fiddle and agree this instrument has a beautiful and particularly mellow tone.

The selling price is £1300.

post-4393-1184621515_thumb.jpg

Edited by susannah franks

As I have said, neither myself or my husband play the concertina but we both play the fiddle and agree this instrument has a beautiful and particularly mellow tone.

The selling price is £1300.

Looks like a fine instrument, Susannah. Perhaps you should keep two of the other concertinas; they can become very addictive when you get to know them!

Where abouts are you based?

Regards,

Peter.

I agree with Peter that you should keep a concertina or two for posterity - especially one that was treasured by your father.

Do you mind sharing what other concertinas you have in your possession that you may contemplate selling? Do you have any Wheatstone Anglo's, Dipper's, Jeffries....

Regards,

Ben

Edited by Ben Otto

I agree with Peter that you should keep a concertina or two for posterity - especially one that was treasured by your father.

Do you mind sharing what other concertinas you have in your possession that you may contemplate selling? Do you have any Wheatstone Anglo's, Dipper's, Jeffries....

Regards,

Ben

Edited by Ben Otto

Regards,

Ben

I am in Fife, Scotland. I am afraid I don't have any Anglos, Dippers or Jeffries and I may well keep a couple of the others but still deciding which ones. Sorry can't focus on more than one concertina at a time!

Regards to all,

Susannah

• 1 year later...