Wanted Double Reed Concertina

darticus

The Button Box in western Mass. has a Stagi C2 for sale. Details and a video:

http://buttonbox.com/concertinas-in-stock.html#anglo

It's a very reputable shop, they inspect and adjust their Stagis so that they are in top playing condition, and they have excellent customer support.

I can't afford new. I would like that if it was used. Thanks Ron

Well, good luck. You can sometimes find old German and Italian boxes on-line or in junk/antique shops in the $100 range, but in my experience they usually need a lot of work to make them even as playable as your Hohner D40. If your goal is to spend your time tinkering with temperamental, out-of-tune concertinas then go for it. If, however, you want to get along with learning to play, it might be worth your while to bite the bullet and pay a little more for a reliable instrument.

Edited by Bill N

I thanks you, but being retired because of a booming economy and having no income except SS I think we will go with food and hope. Having trouble getting work at my age but I'm playing the concertina to keep busy. Maybe I should take it to the park and raise some money. Because I have a home not paid for completely I can't get state help unless I lose my home and stuff. I will continue to hope and bite the bullet for food. I'll just keep looking. Too many years to get to this point. If I find a good deal I can maybe borrow a few bucks. Thanks Ron

Edited by darticus

I have a Stagi C2 in decent condition I might consider selling for $300, but I am in Europe and shipping cost would likely be substantial. I will be visiting NYC in early November, or possibly later this summer, and could bring it along. I bought it used from somebody whose father bought it new 20 years ago but never played it - the tuning is decent enough I haven't felt the need to have it tuned. It is badged Saltarelle (a French accordion manufacturer) but is a Stagi. The doubled reeds (accordion sound) and German layout (straight rows) are a bit exotic (my other concertinas are Lachenals and an Edgley).

Sean.

post-11621-0-48625100-1467665200_thumb.jpg

I have a Stagi C2 in decent condition I might consider selling for $300, but I am in Europe and shipping cost would likely be substantial. I will be visiting NYC in early November, or possibly later this summer, and could bring it along. I bought it used from somebody whose father bought it new 20 years ago but never played it - the tuning is decent enough I haven't felt the need to have it tuned. It is badged Saltarelle (a French accordion manufacturer) but is a Stagi. The doubled reeds (accordion sound) and German layout (straight rows) are a bit exotic (my other concertinas are Lachenals and an Edgley).

Sean.

Interesting let me know when you get here. Ron