Missed One In Belgium

michelv

I was watching the news in Belgium yesterday. There was a topic on the ongoing Folk Festival in Dranouter, Belgium, and I spotted a concertina on stage. Happened to be Niamh Ni Charra. Wonderful... and I missed it. She even plays Regondi.

Is there a possibility to make a warning system for English Concertina concerts in Belgium/The Netherlands? I would be very grateful.

Regondi pleasantly adapted for the anglo.

Gosh, Regondi's music is hellishly difficult enough on the English - which he was the greatest virtuoso on and wrote it to take full advantage of... Have you any idea what pieces she is playing? :blink:

Can anyone give me a phonetic pronounciation of her name?

Not proper phonetics I'm afraid, but something like "Kneeve Knee Car-ra".

Gosh, Regondi's music is hellishly difficult enough on the English - which he was the greatest virtuoso on and wrote it to take full advantage of... Have you any idea what pieces she is playing?

Stephen,

Allegretto #4

Greg

Stephen.

I believe the link given to Niamh Ni Charra above will take you to her website where clicking on "audio" will give you a chance to hear samples of her Cd including the Regondi piece. I also recommend her playings of "The Jug of Punch" and "Broken Pledge"and "Luck Penny".

Greg