Country Life

PeterT

I had to play it twice to catch it :lol:

I had to play it several times, but could not work out who was playing the Anglo. Mind you, one of the melodeon players looks suspiciously like a C.net member!

• 1 month later...
Well I can say one thing that butter doesn't spread from the fridge....I've just spent an hour trying to warm it up enough to be able to make my lunch

Many moons ago, back in the days when I used to work for a living, I used to fly once a month to Scotland (prior to my three year exile), with my then Boss. He was amused to see me on the plane, when the breakfast pack arrived, putting the little pats of butter on the hot tinfoil-wrapped breakfast, then putting sugar in my cup, ready for the hot coffee to arrive, before starting to drink my orange juice. Result? Well, the coffee needed about one stir, and the butter was just right for spreading on my roll, by the time I was ready to eat the cooked breakast. And, yes, my Boss did follow suit on both counts. He once said to me that lazy people make the best planners, since they find the most time-efficient ways of doing things. Yes; I was a good planner.

So, now, my butter lives in a stainless steel container in the fridge, and then sits on the radiator shelf, warming up nicely, while I can see what my C.net friends have been up to, before I need to use it. :)

Well I can say one thing that butter doesn't spread from the fridge....I've just spent an hour trying to warm it up enough to be able to make my lunch

Many moons ago, back in the days when I used to work for a living, I used to fly once a month to Scotland (prior to my three year exile), with my then Boss. He was amused to see me on the plane, when the breakfast pack arrived, putting the little pats of butter on the hot tinfoil-wrapped breakfast, then putting sugar in my cup, ready for the hot coffee to arrive, before starting to drink my orange juice. Result? Well, the coffee needed about one stir, and the butter was just right for spreading on my roll, by the time I was ready to eat the cooked breakast. And, yes, my Boss did follow suit on both counts. He once said to me that lazy people make the best planners, since they find the most time-efficient ways of doing things. Yes; I was a good planner.

So, now, my butter lives in a stainless steel container in the fridge, and then sits on the radiator shelf, warming up nicely, while I can see what my C.net friends have been up to, before I need to use it. :)

Mine was alternating sitting on top of the radiator (which doesn't get that hot) and under the hot lamp I'm having to use coz the light bulbs in studio have stopped working.

Sounds as though you might have bought the "Standard" instead of the "Spreadable" version - Either that or your fridge is set way too cold... :blink:

Sounds as though you might have bought the "Standard" instead of the "Spreadable" version - Either that or your fridge is set way too cold... :blink:

It isn't my fridge...its the companies. And it isn't touted as spreadable...I've tried spreadables ones though and they are even worse than the standard.

Try keeping it *outside* the fridge - it'll last a good week unless your office is like the tropics and it'll taste better as well as spreading more easily. ;)

More like the arctic than the tropics my office. You ever seen Muppets christmas carol when the rats (clerks) ask scrooge for some coal for the fire...its like that.Although not as bad as it use to be now we've got a new boiler/thermostat.

You ever seen Muppets christmas carol when the rats (clerks) ask scrooge for some coal for the fire...its like that.

Does the Boss access C.net? :unsure:

Not that I'm aware of....and he doesn't know my alias

You ever seen Muppets christmas carol when the rats (clerks) ask scrooge for some coal for the fire...its like that.

But your picture is on each of your posts!! ;)

Alan

Alan

Maybe that's also an "alias" :unsure: .

Apparently only 2% of the population have green eyes and they're more common in women. That should narrow things down a bit if it came to an identity parade. ;)

Blimey, you were paying attention.

Alan

And there is a picture of her back side here

• 2 months later...

I see that the website has been updated to include the following statement:

The ads were shot on a Dairy Crest farm and other beautiful country locations across West Sussex, including the village of Lurgashall where Johnny could be seen enjoying a few pints with the locals.

So; I've played for the Morris outside that pub! :) There is also a nice Winery "just up the road", where I have stopped a couple of times whilst cycling from Croydon to Bosham Harbour (to drink coffee, I hasten to add!). :unsure: Oh; I've also played for the Morris at the Winery, which was how I found it in the first place!