Concertina Tablature (Anglo)

Hi Stephen,

I'm using Finale's Printmusic program to layout the notes and the music, adding the button numbers using the Lyrics tool and the line above using the Line tool. Sorry, but it's all manual, nothing automatic about it!

It's not a very expensive program (compared to the full Finale which you don't need for stuff like this), and it can do a playback of the melody as a double check.

Hope this helps!

Gary

I have tried to do a tablature using GuitarPro 6. Unfortunately, it requires some modification of Gary's method because I can't add lines overhead or stack digits.

In my version, everything in the treble clef is played with the right hand unless 'L' appears before the button number; and everything in the bass clef with the left hand unless 'R' is inserted before the button number.

The triangle before a button number indicates a 'pull'. It is repeated unnecessarily on the bass side to improve legibility.

I know we don't need another tabbing method. This is just a variation of Gary's method to accommodate GuitarPro users.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108739071/College%20Hornpipe.pdf