Deleting Posts

I could not find a way to delete my instrument wanted post and so just edited away the body of the message. It seems like it would be a good thing to be able to do.

I was also wondering about the black dot on the envelope symbol next to my post and nowhere else that I could see.

Best Regards,

EM

My impression is that only Admins (and maybe Moderators) can delete posts. But as you noticed, you can edit them. Rather than making you old ad completely blank, you could just edit it to say "sold."

BTW, We are going to leave the old Buy/Sell page up, and I'd suggest for now that you cross-post in both places. Maybe we can automate that in the future so you only need to type it once. Meanwhile, you could try putting the whole ad on Buy and Sell and just a note here pointing to it. Then when the ad expires, all you have left here is the pointer. I suppose we could clean out the new Buy&Sell forum periodically, but I'm not going to without explicit directions from sellers, and that could quickly turn into alot of extra work! :) Part of the plan will be to copy what Paul calls the "Beg-O-Gram" over to the new forum area (the notice requesting a 1% donation if a sale is made). As I write there are a half-dozen current ads on the original Buy and Sell page.

Squeeze-On

Ken